• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I have a question for the people here. My 13 year old likes the sportswear that they carry by brands such as Nike and Under Armor. Anyone know of any other stores in the Carroll County area that carry these for girls? The selection at Kohls pretty much sucks.

All of the above present some challenges. There is no doubt that Dick's has some significant reach in numerous areas of sporting goods.

KJackson, perhaps not ideal given locations, but I know for a fact that Cabelas carries UnderArmour women's sportswear. To my knowledge, they do not carry Nike.

MTerry and pilot25, you're indeed correct. I have a gift card from Dick's as I write this, one that states that it can also be used at Golf Galaxy as well. Was unaware that they now have Golfsmith also, but good to know.

I know of Duke's in Annapolis as a possible alternative. As course pro shops go, which are to more avid golfers every bit of what a good gun shop is to us as shooters, Briarwood in York PA. comes to mind for demo days and good selection and price. There are undoubtedly some others.

Let's keep alternative ideas coming. LOTS of valuable information to be had amongst the group here! Dick's presents challenges as a very big fish in a very small pond in a lot of areas, but they're no friend to us. No sense helping them where they can be avoided.
    Try Hibbett Sports in Hampstead. Right in front of Walmart, in shopping center where Mr. Tire is, right next to Sports Clips. They carry Nike, Under Armour, North Face, Adidas, Brooks.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I have a question for the people here. My 13 year old likes the sportswear that they carry by brands such as Nike and Under Armor. Anyone know of any other stores in the Carroll County area that carry these for girls? The selection at Kohls pretty much sucks.

She sounds like a great candidate for the "try it on at dicks, buy online" system that others have been using. I don't see any reason not to go in the store, fondle their wares and drop a deuce in the bathroom...just don't buy anything :shrug:

That's my plan ;)

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    She sounds like a great candidate for the "try it on at dicks, buy online" system that others have been using. I don't see any reason not to go in the store, fondle their wares and drop a deuce in the bathroom...just don't buy anything :shrug:

That's my plan ;)
    Throw ‘em an Upper Decker if you can. They deserve it.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland

That's my plan ;)

Done that. Ha Ha!

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Just jumping on the bandwagon I suppose, but I've never bought from them except when they had some crazy good deal on ammo. I considered them for a couple rifles but they were always so high on price I just felt up their merchandise and went elsewhere. I wouldn't even consider them now unless they offered a ridiculous price on something, since it would be a loss leader and I wouldn't be helping them in any way.

There is virtually nothing in Donk's I can't buy cheaper somewhere else. I can't say if an emergency should pop up, I wouldn't run in, but I seldom have emergencies in that regard. I live very close to one and I think I've gone in there maybe twice in the last two years.

You are in a position where you need to 'exercise' your 2A rights and you are missing that one little thing, that one little thing that is standing in your way of exercising this right. Time is short. Very short. Dick's is your only savior. What will you do?

Just curious...... What kind of "emergency" could you possibly have that ONLY Dick's could remedy ?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

That's my plan ;)

That is definitely something that I was thinking about. May save some money in the process.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I stopped buying from Dick's a few years back when they decided to stop carrying AR's. Their selection is weak and their prices are high. I would rather give my money to local Maryland gun stores that are REALLY 2A friendly. Dicks is talking out of both sides of their mouth. I can buy anything at that store from somewhere else for much less. They just put the final nail in the coffin with those tweets as far as I am concerned.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    Yesterday I made my last "purchase" at Dicks. I used my $10 Scorecard rewards to buy a $9.95 box of Ammo. The girl at the register asked if I had a score card (duh I was using a score card reward certificate) I told her it doesn't matter, I'll never use it again and told her why. She didn't seem to care........I guess I didn't really expect her too.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Yesterday I made my last "purchase" at Dicks. I used my $10 Scorecard rewards to buy a $9.95 box of Ammo. The girl at the register asked if I had a score card (duh I was using a score card reward certificate) I told her it doesn't matter, I'll never use it again and told her why. She didn't seem to care........I guess I didn't really expect her too.

I will be doing the same as I just received a $20 Scorecard reward.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I will no longer shop at Dick's either. I was a member of their insiders survey group as well. Right after their anti 2A decision they sent out a survey about it so I made sure to give my opinion and say that I would no longer be shopping there. I did get a $10 reward certificate as well. I'll use that to get $10 of ammo and that will be the last time I shop there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom