• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Does anybody know of a good resume service, or used one before that they would recommend?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Lot of good info to be had online. I had mine done through UMBC while I was a student and it has worked well. I'm sure there is someone here who could lend a hand, though.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    I believe I saw an offer for just that somewhere around here...

Found it:
    Doctor_M has graciously offered to help in the Job Seeker/Resume thread. You might want to see if the offer is still open

Offered as some good karma to job seekers on the board who may need a little help.

As a senior manager/executive, I've looked at literally thousands of resumes over the years. I've got a very good feel for what works, what doesn't, and what will get your resume instantly tossed in File-13. If anyone is having trouble and is looking for some free advice or resume help, I'm willing to devote some time to the MDS community. Not looking to be overwhelmed with a hundred resumes that need to be written from scratch, but if you are genuinely in need of help, I'll be happy to do what I can for you. Just PM me and we can go from there.

I'll yell uncle if I get overwhelmed, but until further notice, this offer to help is good for any of our MDS family.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Awesome, will seek help after work. After 11+ years in retail business, got my degree in computer science. Hope to change career into an entry level programming job.

jmiles1960

Jim Miles
    Jan 9, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Pleasant - my employer is hiring entry level IT folks; we're a large Govt contractor.... send me your resume or PM me if interested. We have many openings... Located in Baltimore area.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Thank you so much for these helping hands. I am waiting on having surgery on my neck this Thursday 10.29. So, I have been "sleeping" on this resume thing. I will be taking you guy on the offers and helps, if still available after my recovery. I really really appreciate the helping hand, and feel guilty, that I have not been more active. Thank you so much, MDShooters!!!

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Just wanted to give a public thanks to Nnztg8r and Doctor_M for taking a look at my resume and helping me out. Both these guys are awesome for taking the time to review my resume and offering assistance.

jmiles1960

Jim Miles
    Jan 9, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    teqmod - check out actionet.com, the company I work for. We are always hiring entry level IT people for Govt contract positions. Email me your resume if you're interested in something.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom