• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They sure do look to be in primo condition. Still too rich for my blood.

Skipping 3 impulse purchases like this will pay for that .308 Browning lever rifle at Tyler Firearms.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    They are selling them on a "pre-order" basis, with more "coming soon".

I personally don't think that the prices will be coming down on these unless someone dredges them out of the bottom of the Volga river. It's too much to pay for an everyday shooter, but not bad at all for a collectible piece of history. In a couple of years we'll be whining that we should have bought more when they were under $200.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    They are selling them on a "pre-order" basis, with more "coming soon".

I personally don't think that the prices will be coming down on these unless someone dredges them out of the bottom of the Volga river. It's too much to pay for an everyday shooter, but not bad at all for a collectible piece of history. In a couple of years we'll be whining that we should have bought more when they were under $200.

If you don't have one I agree it is worth it for a piece of history. As a shooter, everyday or not, never. They are police/executioner's pistols, worth having to help understand the nature of the former USSR. Also interesting because of the sealing cartridge, which as I understand, is about the only revolver that could use a suppressor.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Anyone know if they charge your card when ordering, or when the item is shipped? I wanted to order something else but may go for one of these, can't do both this week though.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Anyone know if they charge your card when ordering, or when the item is shipped? I wanted to order something else but may go for one of these, can't do both this week though.

No idea, but AIM is pretty good at cancelling orders if you (wife) changes mind.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    If you don't have one I agree it is worth it for a piece of history. As a shooter, everyday or not, never. They are police/executioner's pistols, worth having to help understand the nature of the former USSR. Also interesting because of the sealing cartridge, which as I understand, is about the only revolver that could use a suppressor.

You read 'blood for mother russia' too?

Crazy, how these pistols were purposely singled out to be execution weapons.

Officers in the soviet military were given primers and training advising them to not use the pistol in combat except in most dire emergency, as it's main role was to execute "deserters" to keep the rest of the rabble in line.

I can't remember the exact quote, but it was said that stalin was approached about retiring the handguns he said that as long as it was powerful and accurate enough to pierce a man's skull from two feet, it would have a place in his armory.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well, I waited too long for the 99, then waited until all the 129s were gone. I guess 90 bucks tuition is cheaper than waiting for the next bump.

Such a deal I got for me - one for the price of two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom