• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's for sale. :o

I really like them, shoot as well (or poorly) as I do with any gun. This is the third one I've had since they came out, including a 32". Should have kept the very first one I bough, hind sight being 20/20 of course.

I have a few other guns I am going to shoot through the winter, including a 391 Teknys I am waiting to come in the mail next week.

I haven't listed the 725 anywhere yet, when I do it will be gone within a 5-7 days or so. They are GREAT guns, good for all shotgun sports, fit is all but universal.

Man, you are going through guns like a woman goes through shoes. lol

Maybe the OP can buy the 725 from you and it can be kept in la familia.

Do you do any shooting with PapiBarcelona? Think you guys are in the same area. Would be a nice road trip to come up there one weekend and shoot some clays with you guys.

Hollywoodwvu

Sep 1, 2014
    Kent Island
    I really appreciate the help guys! The fun part will be getting out and trying different guns! I'm really liking the idea of a CG, might be a little out of my budget right now, but I'm thinking of selling some stuff off to possibly make up the difference. I really just want to make 1 purchase that will last the rest of my life...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Man, you are going through guns like a woman goes through shoes. lol

Maybe the OP can buy the 725 from you and it can be kept in la familia.

Do you do any shooting with PapiBarcelona? Think you guys are in the same area. Would be a nice road trip to come up there one weekend and shoot some clays with you guys.
    IIRC he used to come up on Tuesdays, brought some family with him I think. Haven't seen him much this year.

I'm a friggin addict. My wife went to Mexico for the week and by Tuesday I had bought two shotguns I don't need.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    IIRC he used to come up on Tuesdays, brought some family with him I think. Haven't seen him much this year.

I'm a friggin addict. My wife went to Mexico for the week and by Tuesday I had bought two shotguns I don't need.

Every gun I have bought over the past two decades is a gun I don't "need". I was talking to a neighbor almost this time last year. Actually, it was Halloween and he brought up SB281. We started talking about it and he said, "We went a little in the red to buy a couple handguns before SB281 hit." His wife rolled her eyes. Then, my wife leaned over and told her what I bought prior to October 1, 2013 and she turned to her husband and said with a smile, "I guess you aren't actually that bad."

My problem is that I never sell any guns because of their sentimental value to me and I never buy used guns unless there is some serious history to them.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I really appreciate the help guys! The fun part will be getting out and trying different guns! I'm really liking the idea of a CG, might be a little out of my budget right now, but I'm thinking of selling some stuff off to possibly make up the difference. I really just want to make 1 purchase that will last the rest of my life...

I felt the same way. Bought a 682 trap in 1994. Then, bought a 682 Gold E in 2001. Figured I was done with clays guns. Then, the 391 Teknys came out and I decided to give an auto a try on clays. Liked it so much I bought another in 20 gauge. Now, I am looking at a Benelli Super Sport or Vinci Super Sport. A DT11 would be nice too. Not only that, but the artwork purchase would be a Beretta S06 EELL that looks like this:

Attachments

• _SO6eell_dett2.jpg
      _SO6eell_dett2.jpg
      14.1 KB · Views: 152
    • _SO6eell_dett3.jpg
      _SO6eell_dett3.jpg
      10.5 KB · Views: 153
    • SO6eell_dett1.jpg
      SO6eell_dett1.jpg
      18.8 KB · Views: 150
    • SO6EELL_maxi_a.jpg
      SO6EELL_maxi_a.jpg
      36 KB · Views: 154

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I've seen a few Plantation Grade (and similar) K-80s, one time with kids (plural, 2 kids with 2 Krieghoffs) handling them.

When your kid's gun is worth more than the truck I showed up in......

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've seen a few Plantation Grade (and similar) K-80s, one time with kids (plural, 2 kids with 2 Krieghoffs) handling them.

When your kid's gun is worth more than the truck I showed up in......

lol - I shot with a guy that was shooting a Krieghoff in the $100k range. Gold engraving all over the thing with Indian and stage coach scenes. I was just out of law school and living with my parents at the time.

Thing is, who knows how much debt somebody carries. As far as I am concerned, debt makes a person an indentured servant.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Krieghoff feels like an unbalanced 2x4 to my hands. :)

Which is good, as I don't want to spend that kind of money.

However, unfortunately the 28 ga Perazzi I handled at the SHOT Show years ago was SWEET. And at the grade I handled, a measly $68,000.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I've shot a buddy's K 80 and another buddy's Kolar, both with releases, I love em, built like a vault. Will I ever spring for one, not likely, but I can assure you they are the standard for competitive clays. At a decent size NSCA shoot it's not uncommon to see $150k on one gun rack alone.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've shot a buddy's K 80 and another buddy's Kolar, both with releases, I love em, built like a vault. Will I ever spring for one, not likely, but I can assure you they are the standard for competitive clays. At a decent size NSCA shoot it's not uncommon to see $150k on one gun rack alone.

The Krieghoffs are nice guns. I thought about buying one at some point in my life, but my heart is set on the Beretta S06 EELL and I shoot my other shotguns just fine anyway.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    We've been shooting sporting Clays mostly at Hopewell a lot, its the closest for the crew I shoot with. They do bunny shoots and triple shoots every so often as well

Like Oxford, but haven't been there this year. Its a little bit longer hike for most of us as compares to the ride up to Stewartstown

rtse4me

Apr 12, 2013
    Howard County
    Krieghoff feels like an unbalanced 2x4 to my hands. :)

Which is good, as I don't want to spend that kind of money.

However, unfortunately the 28 ga Perazzi I handled at the SHOT Show years ago was SWEET. And at the grade I handled, a measly $68,000.

Krieghoff's feels like swinging a brick to me. Never understood why you see so many in sporting clays. I have always liked Perazzi shotguns, much better balance and faster handling.

Attachments

• mx2000.jpg
      mx2000.jpg
      21.8 KB · Views: 129

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Opinions on the Stoeger Longfowler as a starter O/U?

Would mainly be used to see about getting into skeet

Stoeger makes great oars, and this is coming from a guy that knows they are owned by Beretta and really likes Beretta. A Buddy had a Stoeger o/u and the two barrels would not shoot to the same spot. There have been a couple threads on here asking about Stoeger o/u, and the brand took a beating.

End of the day, if you do not expect too much from it, it should be fine. It will not handle heavy skeet shooting, but if you just want to use it to see what the game is like, it should be able to handle that. Worst case scenario, it is a dog, you get to shoot for a little while with it, and then figure out whether skeet is or isn't for you.

Feb 28, 2013
    For the occasional shooter, a Stoeger would work fine for 'em.

But it obviously ain't gonna last too long for a tournament shooter.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    There is a Stoeger Condor Comp on the bulletin Board at PG Trap right now - think it was $500... I'd say it'd prolly be good enough to see if you end wanted to get into the clay sports. Of so, then starts the journey of finding just the right gun to fit ya. Took 7 guns for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom