• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    I'm an FI and was trained through FLETC. In the past when I trained family or friends as favors, as a prelude to the in person training I would point them to the online Maryland safety course...it gave them a lot of the basics in a fairly professional compact format. But now that HQLs are required the link to that training is dead.....anyone have a copy or can point me to something similar? I've done some google searches but haven't seen anything comparable for some reason and the stuff on youtube seems pretty cheesy.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Wow, yeah, it's gone. Found the IP of the old server on Internet Archive and it's gone gone. Because it required registration, you can't even view the course on the Internet Archive site (I tried, it's slow and it sucks anyway).

Are you trying to find gun safety information or gun design/operation information? As I recall that course had both, but most of the other courses and links talk about one or the other.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    I would have thought that another state or organization would have had something similar to what Maryland had put together but for the life of me I can't fine anything......and I pride myself on being adept at using Google and other search engines. I even went to Amazon and looked for a streaming video I could buy but nothing. The closest thing I've been able to find is Guntalk.TV that has many videos but they are not as compact and as all encompassing as what MD had......

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm an FI and was trained through FLETC. In the past when I trained family or friends as favors, as a prelude to the in person training I would point them to the online Maryland safety course...it gave them a lot of the basics in a fairly professional compact format. But now that HQLs are required the link to that training is dead.....anyone have a copy or can point me to something similar? I've done some google searches but haven't seen anything comparable for some reason and the stuff on youtube seems pretty cheesy.

Dc police (MPD) offers a very similar free course online. It even qualifies you for the VA handgun permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom