• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Riding home tonight listening to WMAL, Larry O’Connor was interviewing a native Indian who is a resident of New Mexico. The clerk & supervisor in DC marriage licensing division didn’t know New Mexico was a state. He raised hell when being interviewed on WMAL and the supervisor finally googled New Mexico. Of course they apologized. WOW

Did a google and came up with the story:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/11/29/las-cruces-resident-prove-new-mexico-statehood-washington-dc/2158889002/

Remember they vote!

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    That's not all that amazing.

I had to show my birth certificate to get a job once. The HR person asked to see my immigration paperwork because I was born in the District of Columbia, and she didn't know that it was part of the USA? It took a lot of arguing to get her to believe that Washington DC and the District of Columbia are the same thing. :lol2:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Riding home tonight listening to WMAL, Larry O’Connor was interviewing a native Indian who is a resident of New Mexico. The clerk & supervisor in DC marriage licensing division didn’t know New Mexico was a state. He raised hell when being interviewed on WMAL and the supervisor finally googled New Mexico. Of course they apologized. WOW

Did a google and came up with the story:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/11/29/las-cruces-resident-prove-new-mexico-statehood-washington-dc/2158889002/

Remember they vote!

But, dollars to doughnuts those challenged individuals know all about the D.C. statehood movement, and the proposed name for the would-be 51st state: New Columbia.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

I had to show my birth certificate to get a job once. The HR person asked to see my immigration paperwork because I was born in the District of Columbia, and she didn't know that it was part of the USA? It took a lot of arguing to get her to believe that Washington DC and the District of Columbia are the same thing. :lol2:

When we leased a home in Germany they were unwilling to accept that my wife's birthplace (Washington DC) is not a state. They also had major problems rendering our Scottish surname correctly. They wanted the Mc to be middle initials. As bad as that was, at least they weren't Americans who were ignorant.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I once thought the movie "Idiocracy" was too stupid for words.

But since then, life imitates art. Idiocracy was prescient.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck

Happened to me more than once. Of course I always check the box for Native American since I was born here and it is my native land

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom