• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Why? You can have an opinion without liking the law. My opinion is it is BS.
    It seems they used the "Taser with armed cover" tactic.
    However, this whole thing should have never been a "thing" from the beginning. But if this crap is going to take place, it should be done in a different fashion and not at the house when something just like this can(will) happen.

:D

attachment.php

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Everyone talks about Jealous raising taxes, how much money will the state spend in lawsuits to victims' families and in defending this law in court that was signed by Hogan?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Why? You can have an opinion without liking the law. My opinion is it is BS.
    It seems they used the "Taser with armed cover" tactic.
    However, this whole thing should have never been a "thing" from the beginning. But if this crap is going to take place, it should be done in a different fashion and not at the house when something just like this can(will) happen.

Well, serving of warrants, PFO orders, and EPRO orders is going to happen where the people and/or guns are. It could be the storage locker, but mostly likely the home. Definitely not Starbucks.

Mistakes may have been made on all sides, but id say a big one is picking up a gun after the police tell you not to.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, serving of warrants, PFO orders, and EPRO orders is going to happen where the people and/or guns are. It could be the storage locker, but mostly likely the home. Definitely not Starbucks.

Mistakes may have been made on all sides, but id say a big one is picking up a gun after the police tell you not to.
    I understand. I've served one or 20 in my time.
    So what you're saying is that they got the order around 4 am and they had to get there ASAP?

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD

It really comes down to this. Bad law or not it is still the law, don't like it get it changed but you must abide by it until it is changed.

Horrible situation for all. :sad20:

FMD

This thread is a good reason why I pretty much stick to the local Baltimore stuff and stay out of everything else. I will say that the animosity and infighting is a direct byproduct of living in MD and a perfect example of why I have decided to leave. I just don't want to live in a place that I've come to dislike so much. It's not worth the toll on my health, attitude, personality, etc. The fact that I can't stand living here has fundamentally changed me (just ask my wife).

Oh well, just needed to vent a bit and think out loud. Thanks for the opportunity.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I understand. I've served one or 20 in my time.
    So what you're saying is that they got the order around 4 am and they had to get there ASAP?

I am simply saying that bad law or not, whether the police were right to show up at 5am or not, if they tell you to put down a weapon, it should stay down. Doesnt matter if its a traffic ticket or they mistakenly serve a warrant on the wrong address. Its a lot easier to sort out mistakes if you are alive to talk to the judge.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

If that's what happened. I'm having trouble following this:

The subject of the protective order, Gary J. Willis, 60, answered his door in the 100 block of Linwood Ave. at 5:17 a.m. with a gun in his hand, Anne Arundel County police said. He initially put the gun down next to the door, but “became irate” when officers began to serve him with the order, opened the door and picked up the gun again, police said.

“A fight ensued over the gun,” said Sgt. Jacklyn Davis, a police spokeswoman.

One of the officers struggled to take the gun from Willis, and during the struggle the gun fired but did not strike anyone, police said. At that point, the other officer fatally shot Willis, police said.

So he put the gun down next to the door. After becoming irate, he OPENED THE DOOR and picked up the gun again. So was he outside unarmed with the door closed behind him and the gun inside? If that's not the case, was he irate behind the closed door? He then opens the door and then goes for the gun? Earlier he opened the door holding the gun.

The story just doesn't add up for me.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I also think it's ok outside someone's house if it's union related. Need to form a firearms union.

It just shows how little Maryland values constitutional principles.

I didn’t think it was necessarily union related. I was previously led to believe that there was a difference between an informational picket and a protest/demonstration.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am simply saying that bad law or not, whether the police were right to show up at 5am or not, if they tell you to put down a weapon, it should stay down. Doesnt matter if its a traffic ticket or they mistakenly serve a warrant on the wrong address. Its a lot easier to sort out mistakes if you are alive to talk to the judge.
    Great. I'm not even talking about disobeying an order. however, I would rather contact someone in a place or position where they more than likely won't be armed, just for this reason.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    One officer said here that they don't do a briefing on the suspect or the person in question , they just rely on training . That seems really odd to me , if i do welding jobs i plan them out and get my ducks in a row and i am trained pretty decent .
    I realize welding is not crime fighting but seems it would be more important to have a tailgate meeting on how this person was acting the night before during another visit .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Great. I'm not even talking about not getting an order. however, I would rather contact someone in a place or position where they more than likely won't be armed, just for this reason.

I seen in one of the reports , that he walked his dog in the community daily . Maybe just maybe have or make contact there . :innocent0:o:rolleyes:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Great. I'm not even talking about not getting an order. however, I would rather contact someone in a place or position where they more than likely won't be armed, just for this reason.

I'm going to agree with you here. If the officers had waited until Willis rolled out in a couple of hours be it off to work, Starbucks or to walk the mall it would have been much better with a couple officers sitting on him (little down time) vs shooting the guy for whatever reason and then having the officers on administrative leave (lots of down time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom