• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Got a new computer and came to the site and saw the ads...

No big deal to me if you run ads when not logged in! Great idea frankly. Let those lurkers pay for the site!!!

Anyway, as a local gun club IP, we could really benefit from some ads! I think we could do so without bothering people. I actually wrote a post about it a while back. I think an ad in the upper right hand corner in the same basic position a the MDS logo but on the right side of the page would work great and not bother people. I do had the ads in the middle of the threads!

However as a local IP, I would love to get people to know about our range and be able to find out more about our club. The IP section does not do a lot of advertising for us but is certainly worth the money. We have talked about advertising on radio...etc but I think an Ad on MDS would be the best thing.

As you can see my idea was not popular back then but really would not be bad for MDS and would be great for local IPs.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=44259

I know this, I would suggest the AGC could spend double or triple or more the IP fee if we had good advertising on this sight that would take new MDS members and help make them aware and eventually cause them to join our club!

I would be happy to talk to you more about it!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Got a new computer and came to the site and saw the ads...

No big deal to me if you run ads when not logged in! Great idea frankly. Let those lurkers pay for the site!!!

Anyway, as a local gun club IP, we could really benefit from some ads! I think we could do so without bothering people. I actually wrote a post about it a while back. I think an ad in the upper right hand corner in the same basic position a the MDS logo but on the right side of the page would work great and not bother people. I do had the ads in the middle of the threads!

However as a local IP, I would love to get people to know about our range and be able to find out more about our club. The IP section does not do a lot of advertising for us but is certainly worth the money. We have talked about advertising on radio...etc but I think an Ad on MDS would be the best thing.

As you can see my idea was not popular back then but really would not be bad for MDS and would be great for local IPs.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=44259

I know this, I would suggest the AGC could spend double or triple or more the IP fee if we had good advertising on this sight that would take new MDS members and help make them aware and eventually cause them to join our club!

I would be happy to talk to you more about it!

I like your idea. Kind of like this? Not too intrusive when reading a thread.

Attachments

• agc 6.jpg
      agc 6.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 238

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Hey all. Sorry for a late reply. I ended up with a rural internet issue then a down PC :) Woohoo there.

My go will be to take this local/sponsored only. I am working on it now actually. Weighing options and so on. This will totally be a first for me, normally an ad sale will come through someone contacting the site rather me reaching out, etc.

The one change will be I will have to put a sidebar on the forum homepage at least or I cannot imaging this will work at all. But let me run through how I see it and will post here later.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I like your idea. Kind of like this? Not too intrusive when reading a thread.

Yeah you basically have it. I might go a little over from the very edge and maybe a little longer but yes, you got the idea. It would be on every page and not be overly annoying on any page. If gun stores could use it to advertise specials, I might even find it useful. I know the AGC would be interested in advertising with it.

Hey all. Sorry for a late reply. I ended up with a rural internet issue then a down PC :) Woohoo there.

My go will be to take this local/sponsored only. I am working on it now actually. Weighing options and so on. This will totally be a first for me, normally an ad sale will come through someone contacting the site rather me reaching out, etc.

The one change will be I will have to put a sidebar on the forum homepage at least or I cannot imaging this will work at all. But let me run through how I see it and will post here later.

I think a local option only on this would be great. I could see myself actually benefiting from those type of local ads where local IPs let me know about good deals I can get locally on stuff I do want to buy.

As an advertiser, I don't care about the homepage. I care about the standard page someone is reading. I want the guy coming here and new to guns to look up and see a great gun club to join. Or someone who has moved and is looking for a place to shoot. That is where advertising would work for us. I can't tell you the last time I saw MDS's homepage.

Anyway, if/when you figure this out, please let me know as I think my IP will be interested into looking into whatever you offer!

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Priority #1 keep the site up and running. Do what it takes we will support the decision
    I do not think I frequent any sites that do not have some form of advertising (unless I am a paid premium member where I pay money to skip the ads)

Love the site, need the site, thank you for the site!

In total agreement...

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I usually stay logged on with my Kindle, so I guess I'll rarely ever see them. For my sake as well as others living in the sticks with only limited 3g internet, Puh-lease keep it to picture ads, not those videos that load automatically and can't be stopped. I want to use what little bandwidth I have for important stuff, like Epic Funny Pictures, C&R Bubbafications, or whatever pics bama47 is posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom