• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    A DC license isn't valid. This is the second time I've read of this happening.

I can't tell you how many times I've had people in other parts of the country be confused by a DC ID. Colorado, Illinois, and especially Massachusetts.

I had a 10 minute conversation with a door man at the Bleacher Bar by Fenway one night about which state I lived in. The response that I didn't live in a state stopped him cold.

"Well, we only take state ID's" was all I could get out of him. I tried to explain that DC was a territory like Puerto Rico. Then he asked me, "If they're in the US which state are those territories in?"

Finally his manager came up and let me in.

I live in Maryland now and I don't miss that DC license at all.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I discovered behind the gun counter that if someone born in Prince George's county is asked to provide their birth city, they will just continuously repeat "Prince georges".... because cheverly isn't a thing

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Wow, I guess they didn't have to know the fifty states from memory in elementary school Social Studies like I did.

Bet they don't know thier multiplication tables , either!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That's not all that amazing.

I had to show my birth certificate to get a job once. The HR person asked to see my immigration paperwork because I was born in the District of Columbia, and she didn't know that it was part of the USA? It took a lot of arguing to get her to believe that Washington DC and the District of Columbia are the same thing. :lol2:

*****This happened to me in Langley Park, at a *college* reunion.....:sad20: UMCP is just down the road a bit and a charming woman asked for some info about me including where I was born... so she could make me a name tag. I said District of Columbia and she *at least* sorta knew "Columbia" was in South America... :lol: Thankfully, her eyes lit up when I rephrased and said "Washington, D.C."

And, YES! she was still in college (undergrad) majoring in, wait for it......... EDUCATION!!!! :D

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well "Prince George's" must be in England, or on of them king loving countries. This is America.

It's just a placeholder for the day when monarchy is rightfully restored in Maryland. Question: Can there be two "Prince Mike" counties in the same state?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've spoken to people who insist Rhode Island is an island (somewhere) and not a state. If I asked them where this island is, most didn't know.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I worked at Los Alamos for a few years. At one time they had license plates that read "New Mexico, USA"

They still do. I sent the link to my sisters and Mom that live there and say it happens all the time. Only plate that has USA on it that she is aware of LOL.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Wow, I guess they didn't have to now the fifty states from memory in elementary school Social Studies like I did.

Bet they don't know thier multiplication tables , either!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

I was staying at a cabin and WI and had a package delivered there by UPS. The driver saw my vehicle and noticed the license plate. He said District of Columbia, is that in Canada?. I said no, its Washington DC, your US capitol. He said oh OK I couldn't figure out what that was.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    121320132016172.jpg

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I was staying at a cabin and WI and had a package delivered there by UPS. The driver saw my vehicle and noticed the license plate. He said District of Columbia, is that in Canada?. I said no, its Washington DC, your US capitol. He said oh OK I couldn't figure out what that was.

"Taxation Without Representation" probably threw him off.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I worked at Los Alamos for a few years. At one time they had license plates that read "New Mexico, USA"

They still do. I sent the link to my sisters and Mom that live there and say it happens all the time. Only plate that has USA on it that she is aware of LOL.

Louisiana does too, after a fashion.

They emphasize it like this:

LoUiSiAna

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom