• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I had the opportunity to get one this season, just got it a couple of weeks ago and I'm anxious to get some time in the stand (bowhunting) to test it out. Been a crazy week or two, so I'm slacking, but I'll let you know how it works for me.

I have a couple of stands that I like to hunt where the deer can appear from any direction, so the wind can be an issue often times. I can't wait to see how it may affect them.

I am also going to set it up to 'wash' my clothes before I pack them up to head out to hunt. Basically, treat them briefly with ozone to remove scents, instead of washing them every time I wear them hunting. I'll then pack em in a scent-proof bag til I get to my property and get dressed.

I know that ozone will remove odors, but I'm anxious to test it on our deer that I have a lot of experience with. I hunt stands and ground blinds in all kinds of weather, curious to see how it works. :thumbsup:

I think you will be impressed. Like you, for years i've had prime stands that I could not hunt, sometimes all bow season, because the wind was always wrong. Fagetaboutit! You can now hunt those stands any day you want.

This deer crossed my down-wind 'cone' sneaking behind me. I heard him snap a branch as he passed. I got a quick shot off at him and missed at 30yds. he continued away down wind and bedded down out of sight. later that afternoon, he came back from directly down wind and walked into my shooting lane at 18yds. he never knew I was there.

Attachments

• new ten.jpg
      new ten.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 105

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Good! Cause I picked up a pair of sheds this spring from a nice 10 with split G2's on both sides and I'm sure, if he shows, it'll be downwind! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good! Cause I picked up a pair of sheds this spring from a nice 10 with split G2's on both sides and I'm sure, if he shows, it'll be downwind! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Good hunting Sticky! I hope you nail him. :)

Did you get an XL battery for it? I waited a couple years before I bought one($120). I found if I turned my regular battery off by 10am, I had enough to hunt the evening scent free. Last year was the first hunting all day with an XL battery.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Good hunting Sticky! I hope you nail him. :)

Did you get an XL battery for it? I waited a couple years before I bought one($120). I found if I turned my regular battery off by 10am, I had enough to hunt the evening scent free. Last year was the first hunting all day with an XL battery.
    No, not yet, but I need to get at least one spare. I would worry more about the first few hours and the last couple of hours and perhaps a little around mid-day when they move about.. We'll see how it works out with the HR300 here next week when I get a chance to get out.

Thanks! I have a couple of backup decent bucks on camera that are regulars... I haven't seen the biggun yet, but he'll show, eventually... lol

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I think you will be impressed. Like you, for years i've had prime stands that I could not hunt, sometimes all bow season, because the wind was always wrong. Fagetaboutit! You can now hunt those stands any day you want.

This deer crossed my down-wind 'cone' sneaking behind me. I heard him snap a branch as he passed. I got a quick shot off at him and missed at 30yds. he continued away down wind and bedded down out of sight. later that afternoon, he came back from directly down wind and walked into my shooting lane at 18yds. he never knew I was there.

Nice!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Okay, followed your advice Outrider and got me an XL battery. I found one on fleabay for $95 delivered, about the best I could do.

I did a little experiment yesterday.. I fried up some rockfish bites in the deep fryer. The house always smells like fried fish for hours after that, so I cleaned up the fryer, put it away and fired up the H300 in boost mode upstairs in my loft that looks down over the first floor. I let it run for a couple of hours, took the dog out for his evening movement and when I walked back in, viola... no fried fish smell!

I'm likin it already.. :lol2:

I also got a cheap 'closet' from Amazon so I can hang my hunting garb in there, use the H300 to descent it and then pack it away in scent proof bags for transport to the hunting grounds. It should save me a bunch of washing my hunting clothes this year.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Okay, followed your advice Outrider and got me an XL battery. I found one on fleabay for $95 delivered, about the best I could do.

I did a little experiment yesterday.. I fried up some rockfish bites in the deep fryer. The house always smells like fried fish for hours after that, so I cleaned up the fryer, put it away and fired up the H300 in boost mode upstairs in my loft that looks down over the first floor. I let it run for a couple of hours, took the dog out for his evening movement and when I walked back in, viola... no fried fish smell!

I'm likin it already.. :lol2:

I also got a cheap 'closet' from Amazon so I can hang my hunting garb in there, use the H300 to descent it and then pack it away in scent proof bags for transport to the hunting grounds. It should save me a bunch of washing my hunting clothes this year.

I'm gonna have to try that next time I fry up some wings! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom