• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I gotta say; I'm new in MD (moved here in August) and I'm in some serious culture shock about the way politicians trample on the rights of people here. But what really shocks me is how a lot of people say things like, "it's too late, they've already won, nothing we can do, I would hand over my weapons, I have too much too lose, etc."

Really??? REALLY?!?!

Look I'm not trying to drum up emotions for a "revolution." I've been in combat (like several of you) and an American Revolution II is the last thing I want.

But what I am saying is how dare you give up when you can still write letters, talk to the liberal people you meet at parties, advocate for our rights, etc. I've been here six months and I'm writing my senators and representatives. I found out that the area I live in doesn't even have a representative at the county level and my wife and I have been discussing me trying to get into that. It's a county position, volunteer and yeah it probably won't help at all. But jesus I'm trying. Some of you have already given up.

This state sucks because some of you are happy to let Annapolis run right over you. Please understand, I'm not talking to everyone here. Most of you are writing letters, beating down liberals with facts, and really making an effort here. Could I do more? Sure I could. But I'm also working more than full time and in college taking 15 hours this semester as well as taking firearms classes to learn more advanced techniques/improve accuracy/constantly trying to better myself. SO I have a full plate. But I still find time to send emails to senators/reps, etc and whenever I find myself in the room with a liberal bitching about "assault rifles" and talking about what we all need and don't need, I jump right in and beat them down with facts until they walk away. Most liberals don't want to listen and what I've found is they love to argue until they realize you're winning and then they just walk away. But I make sure they walk away. I've gotten into some long and heated conversations with some liberals (no shortage of them in MoCo). People in my neighborhood are already avoiding me because they know that I'm not afraid to argue the facts. More importantly, they know I'm right. I'm not preaching revolution but I'm not gathering my guns to hand in to my local Police dept.

Again, I'm not talking to all of you. If you're fighting this, I'm not referring to you. But if you're one of those people who have already given up and you're telling people it's already too late and it's over and we're going to lose our rights, then you are not part of the problem...YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Don't like my attitude? I really don't care. You're worse than a liberal because at least the liberals will fight for their beliefs.

Once again, most of you are doing everything you can. And you're good people and good on you. But those who have already given up, why don't you just move to NYC and snuggle up with Bloomberg and Cuomo and leave the rest of us to at least try to stop this insanity.

As for me; my wife and I are already planning to move to a free state. Our target is summer 2014. Luckily, in my job it's pretty easy to transfer. But while I'm a resident of MD, I'm making a a lot of noise and I have no intention of giving up before the fight even begins.

:banghead:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    It is pretty disgusting, sadly many gun owners in Maryland suffer from "battered gun owner syndrome" and think it's just not worth trying to do anything because nothing will change.
    They feel overwhelmed and powerless against anti-gunners.
    The only way to change things is to let our voice be heard!
    Our freedoms are always worth defending whether you think they will be taken away or not.
    I for one was born and raised in Maryland and I will never hand over my guns or ammo to any gun banning tyrant, PERIOD.
    I took an oath to support and defend the constitution and I take that oath seriously.
    Don't have much extra money but I've never donated so much to the NRA, MSI, SAF, and other gun groups as I have lately and I intend to be there for all the demonstrations and legislative sessions to show that I will not be pushed around and punished because of the actions of homicidal criminals.

Gyokusai

Jan 11, 2013
    Annapolis
    +1

I feel the same way, and I think many here share your sentiment. I don't get worked up easily and keep cool in a lot of heat... but this whole mess really hits my nerves. The fight isn't over until it's over, and I think it's far from over. At the very least, MD didn't pull an "emergency" stunt like NY did... I still can't believe that move.

As for me; my wife and I are already planning to move to a free state. Our target is summer 2014. Luckily, in my job it's pretty easy to transfer. But while I'm a resident of MD, I'm making a a lot of noise and I have no intention of giving up before the fight even begins.

Oh how I wish we could do the same, both of our jobs have us firmly planted in this area. If things really go downhill we may be able to move to VA and commute but that's about it.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Ain...
    +1

I feel the same way, and I think many here share your sentiment. I don't get worked up easily and keep cool in a lot of heat... but this whole mess really hits my nerves. The fight isn't over until it's over, and I think it's far from over. At the very least, MD didn't pull an "emergency" stunt like NY did... I still can't believe that move.

Oh how I wish we could do the same, both of our jobs have us firmly planted in this area. If things really go downhill we may be able to move to VA and commute but that's about it.

If enough of us do that we might turn VA red again...

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Thanks for telling us how hard your going to fight and then saying your leaving Maryland no matter what.

Thanks for being passive aggressive on the internet. Not that it's any of your business....but my move to MD was always temporary. I'm here for a two year job. IN 2014 I go as far with my job here as I can go. In order for me to progress, I have to move on.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    If people took half the time and effort it takes to bitch on here and applied it to something productive then we would make some major noise. Most people are content to complain but will do nothing proactive to better the situation. Wake ip people, the threat is real to your gun rights here in Maryland.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    x2... OP, you are making plans as if we've already lost. Pot, meet kettle.

Not making any plans that weren't already made. I came here for a job that is two years and then in 2014, I go as far as I can go with my job. I can keep doing it but there will be no progression, no promotion. In order to promote, I have to move on.

So my move was never permanent. My point is, I'm fighting this while I'm here. Some of you have lived here your entire lives and have no intention of leaving and you're not doing anything.

That's my point.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think everyone can cut down on the finger pointing.

Got it?

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Not making any plans that weren't already made. I came here for a job that is two years and then in 2014, I go as far as I can go with my job. I can keep doing it but there will be no progression, no promotion. In order to promote, I have to move on.

So my move was never permanent. My point is, I'm fighting this while I'm here. Some of you have lived here your entire lives and have no intention of leaving and you're not doing anything.

That's my point.

I appreciate your efforts, while I ask of you to tell those you meet in free America our story. So that they do not travel down the path of tyranny and that MD has made political prisoners of us and labeled us terrorists of the state.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Thanks for telling us how hard your going to fight and then saying your leaving Maryland no matter what.

I personally thank him, he's only here for a short time and still fighting with us rather than sitting idly by waiting for his time to run out.

Thank you casualmadness

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

That's my point.

We all appreciate you fighting with us and thank you for clarifying :thumbsup:... Just came off different..... We are in this together and have to continue the fight to maintain our rights.... :party29:

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    This is why we have a hard time getting traction, we are to busy bickering and fighting among ourselves. The liberals have mastered the art of mobilization, solidification, and moving in lock step. Mean while our battle lines we are screaming at one another and calling each other noobs all the time they keep pushing forward. We need to tighten our $h!t up, fall in, and prepare for one hell of a battle.

To the OP topic, yes it is disconcerting and has the potential to be demoralizing but the first amendment is as important as the second.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I feel ya bro, we are in the same boat. I just got here and am like "WTF is up with this state?!!" I know we will be leaving in a year or two as well, that is just the way it is with military life, but I have been here less than three weeks and have hopped on the bandwagon sending emails to the legislators from MoCo on up. All we can do is keep hammering away with the time we have.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD

It's so more than just 2A in Maryland. Taxes, culture, weather.

I don't plan on staying here any longer than I have to, but for now I've made a commitment to my wife, who is a native, and to my neighbors. It's no different than being in the military quite frankly. After a couple of crappy commanders I knew I wasn't going to reenlist, but that didn't mean that I fought any less alongside my brothers next to me before my ETS and that I stopped supporting the military as a whole.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Maryland-county-results-shaded-2012-Election.JPG

PG, Baltimore City, and Montgomery counties simply ruin the State.
    This sums it up.

While other regions of the state are more conservative, the power base in Maryland is in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. O'Malley, Cardin and Mikulski didn't bother to cross the bay or ventures east of 270 while campaigning - they didn't need to. They are only concerned with 3-5 counties and Baltimore City. That being said, at the end of the day absolutely NOTHING is going to sway O'Malley to soften his anti-2A stance, and he has a strong majority of support in both houses of the legislature, plain and simple. Just look at the campaign of Dan Bongino, or any Republican/Conservative candidate for statewide office in recent years - they make a good run but ultimately fall short. The Democratic machine, with the support of the mainstream media is virtually unstoppable.

I've actually swayed a few left-leaners with factual arguments regarding gun ownership. Problem is, while their opinions may have changed, they aren't motivated to contact their elected officials with respect to 2A issues, let alone vote against those politicians.

It really sucks. But it's the reality of living in a liberal blue state.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    IMHO, perfect case for a split electoral college system. This whole winner takes all mechanic is pretty lame.

A by-county electoral college for state-wide elections would be incredible. At least we could have a shot at a two-party system here. It would be nice to see my vote matter for a change.

Somehow though, I can't imagine the Blue machine would ever allowing something like this to come to fruition.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom