• Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Its funny, I was thinking the same thing. Buy 6 of them. Sell them for a grand during the next scare and walk away happy.

That is wisdom. Or the OP could look at it this way. If you paid $800 for the first one three years ago, but they would have offered you two more at half price with that deal, you would have jumped on it and been thrilled.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Not necessarily wisdom if you get on the ATF radar as an unlicensed dealer by posting ads to resell new stock at a profit to strangers.

Transfers just within your social circle, maybe, but then you'd be selling as a gouger to your friends. Not a good plan.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Prices are getting stupid low. I assume a lot of these guns are being sold at a loss. Supply was high in anticipation of a Hillary induced panic, which thankfully never happened. Now there's a ton of AR stuff sitting on shelves and no one is on fire to buy any of it. Hence prices getting cut to absurd levels. Who would have thought in 2013 that you could buy a brand new AR for less than a used SKS?

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Not necessarily wisdom if you get on the ATF radar as an unlicensed dealer by posting ads to resell new stock at a profit to strangers.

Transfers just within your social circle, maybe, but then you'd be selling as a gouger to your friends. Not a good plan.

There is much legal leeway in doing this. If you were concerned, and I don't know why anyone would be for selling a half dozen rifles over a number of weeks or months, contact the ATF when you sell them. Tell them you will be selling a few rifles from your personal collection, and ask if that is a problem. You could literally give them any number reasons why you have the guns, from "I am a collector" to "it was too good of a deal to pass up". Just don't say "I bought them with the intention of making a profit". Do you think they are going to tell you that you can't sell them? Or pick a price that they will allow?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Dollar cost averaging my friend. Buy two more. Next freakout, sell them for profit. SHTF first, arm your friends. Or you have spare parts in stock.

Its funny, I was thinking the same thing. Buy 6 of them. Sell them for a grand during the next scare and walk away happy.

I bought 2 more at $650. Thought that would be a price I could make a small profit at at some point. Unfortunately circumstances don't allow for any more buying like that right now or yes I'd scoop up a couple more.

gutshootem

Feb 27, 2013
    Calvert
    Buying low and selling high is smart.

Coming on a public forum and stating that you're buying guns for the sole purpose of selling later is stupid.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick

Coming on a public forum and stating that you're buying guns for the sole purpose of selling later is stupid.

I didn't state this was the "sole purpose", there were other possible purposes given. And even if that was your sole purpose, there is still legal ground that allows for that.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

I didn't state this was the "sole purpose", there were other possible purposes given. And even if that was your sole purpose, there is still legal ground that allows for that.

Yep, never said that was the sole purpose. BUT, as a designated collector, the purchase price, relative to what I may be able to resell at later, can (and usually is) a definite consideration.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Calling the ATF for "courtesy chats"?

Have at it!

How about a candlelight dinner, LOL?

Yeah, I don't recommend it either. Neither am I worried about selling a few guns. You seem to be the one concerned about it.

Most private citizens are selling their USED firearms. It's the selling of 6 unfired ARs of the exact same make and model that raises questions about "collecting" vs. re-selling for profit.

I have seen thinly disguised ATF agents appearing to be "interested buyers" quizzing walk-around sellers at gun shows offering multiple firearms.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Sigh - The entire rifle is cheaper than the Del-ton rifle kit which excludes the lower.

Oh well, there is a price for anonymity... hopefully it doesn't even out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom