• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Not sure what store your shopping but when I click on the link it shows two prices - $650 shipped and $450 IN-STORE (my store being the Millsboro, DE store). The $300 sale starts June 12 as I pointed out on my OP. I chose to purchase it now at the $450 price given that I was told twice by store personnel that I could return DURING THE SALE PERIOD to get a price adjustment. That way I'm assured of actually getting one.

If I missed your point, let me know. Maybe, if you're shopping a different store, it needs to be stocked at that store for the $450 price to show up?

OK. I didn't see the store price of $450. I do now. Thanks

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Ok so they went on sale as of today. Have you opened yours up yet? Any thoughts, is it worth the money? I know it's not the best safe but I'm in need of something to secure my guns that won't break the bank.

baltech

Feb 23, 2013
    I looked at it, I think it's worth 299.00. I was tempted but didn't bite. I would never pay 450. for it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Costco has one of their Cannon gun safes on sale. I'm trying to find the email, but I can't right now. I will post the link if I find it.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Ok so they went on sale as of today. Have you opened yours up yet? Any thoughts, is it worth the money? I know it's not the best safe but I'm in need of something to secure my guns that won't break the bank.

The flyer says the 12th so I'm heading there tomorrow for my "price adjustment." Size, specs., etc. beat pretty much anything else for that price. I don't have a high end collection I need to protect so this will be great for me. Not for everybody I understand. Will open it up and n the next few days and report back.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just checked out the dimensions of this safe and the outside width is on 21.75" wide. There's no way you're going to get 24 rifles into that safe. If you're talking AR15/black rifles, you'd be lucky to get 12 in there. Be care. Look at it before you buy. It's really a small safe.

Just a PSA. Safes tend to become way too small once you buy them. Unless your completely done buying, I'd recommend buying something twice as large as you think you'll need.

Good Luck!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Color:
    Black

In-Club Style Number:

Lock Type:
    Electronic

Model Number:
    E55-24-MB-E-S-PC

Estimated Delivery:
    3-5 Business Days

Type:
    E-Lock, Fire Proof, 24 Gun Safe, Stack On

Volume:
    24 Guns, Ammunition

Fire Rating:
    30 min. at 1400°

Material(s):
    Steel

Inner Width:
    21.02"

Inner Depth:
    14.57"

Inner Height:
    "

Features:
    3 Bolts, 2 Way, 2 Fixed Bolts, Fully Carpeted, 1.5" Bolt, 3 Spoke Wheel

Includes:
    Safe, Mounting Hardware, Owner's Guide

Dimensions:
    23.38"D x 20.75"W x 55"H

Weight:
    346 lbs.

upc:

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I just checked out the dimensions of this safe and the outside width is on 21.75" wide. There's no way you're going to get 24 rifles into that safe. If you're talking AR15/black rifles, you'd be lucky to get 12 in there. Be care. Look at it before you buy. It's really a small safe.

Just a PSA. Safes tend to become way too small once you buy them. Unless your completely done buying, I'd recommend buying something twice as large as you think you'll need.

Good Luck!

No argument from me. I currently have a 10-gun version that doesn't come close. I have 8 long guns now plus some accessories that will fit nicely in this. Like I said, not for everyone. But, for ME, this is right in my sweet spot with regards to size. Can I see adding another gun or two? Sure. Another 4? Probably not. And with my two sons getting into hunting (and guns), I'm probably just as likely to downsize.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    I just picked up the last one at the Westminster location. Fits all my needs as I have a moderate collection and an alarm system.

My only beef is that it's little light in weight. But it'll fit perfectly where I need it to. And will be very hard to extract if someone were to break in.

I was about to pull the trigger on a much pricier one until I saw this. Glad I checked here first.

Empty space in this thing will need to be filled :party29:

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I picked mine up from the Westminster store around 12:50, reserved it about 7:30 this morning. It is sitting in my work room unpacked, it looks OK for a $300 safe. I think it will keep kids and honest people out.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    OP should be getting a commission.

I just got home from picking mine up at the Columbia store.

Now I just have to clear a path to get it to it's final destination

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    OP should be getting a commission.

I just got home from picking mine up at the Columbia store.

Now I just have to clear a path to get it to it's final destination

I like that idea! On a more serious note, I did return to my local store today to get my price adjustment/refund and everything went smoothly.

Next up, is to figure out how to get it in the house. My son is supposed to be here this weekend so looks like it'll be a few more days.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    I'm a big guy, I was able to manage moving it on my own. But if you have a hand truck, some ratchet straps and a rag for sweat, it's a one-man job.

What's nice about this safe is that it has a keypad, which is usually extra, and you can pay 20-25% extra in delivery fees alone. Definitely a good buy.

No matter the extent of your collection, if you have the room and can find one, I recommend it. $330(including tax for the original price) for any safe that size with 30mins fire protection is a great value. 5-year warranty too.

earlybirdnj

Aug 1, 2013
    got one yesterday in newark, de store.
    it's not that big but it's my second safe so it fits my needs perfectly.
    can't beat he price.

TheOctane

Jan 16, 2009
    Lutherville Maryland
    The website is showing the one near my house has one available and I was thinking about picking it up.

I do not have access to a truck. For those who bought one, how did you get it home? I have a VW GTI (hatchback) that a friend thinks it would fit into but I do not share his thought lol.

I feel like with the box/shipping materials I would need to rent a Uhaul or something.

Thoughts?

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009

Good Luck!

Not picking on you but it does say 21 GUN safe not 21 RIFLE safe, door has pockets for about 6-8 handguns, still tight on the others if that is the case.

I did buy one and it will work for my needs.

Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom