• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Recently there have been several mentions about discovering how to use the various links and features that are available with the MDS forum software.

This post is an attempt to point out some of the hidden features that can make your daily use of the website more enjoyable. Please feel free to add your own tips to this thread as well.

Thread List Links
    While in the thread list there are several links that make it easy to get direct access to the information you want. The image below gives you details for each of the links:

i-Hd79H69.jpg

The last link for the thread count is an easy way to see who is posting the most in a single thread.

i-wbk2cX6.jpg

Quotes in Threads
    When you are in a thread and someone quotes a previous post in that thread, you can click the blue arrow to go to that specific post in the thread.

i-7B4nBPB.jpg

This is a work in progress post. I will add more tips to this initial post as I have time.

Additional information about how to format your posts and embed images/videos can be found at the following link: BB Code List

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Nice tutorial ...

You even showed this 'old dog' some new tricks.

Jul 1, 2012
    If you click the underlined number to the right of each entry in the "Who Posted?" pop-up it will list all the posts in that thread by that person.
    Which can be entertaining in and of itself :)

Jul 1, 2012
    Here's another handy feature a lot of people don't seem to know about - subscribe (and unsubscribe) from a thread...
    without actually posting "subscribed" or other white-noise in the thread.

select appropriate under the "Thread Tools" in the thread header.

Attachments

• MDS subscribe.JPG
      MDS subscribe.JPG
      22.6 KB · Views: 223

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Recently there have been several mentions about discovering how to use the various links and features that are available with the MDS forum software.

This post is an attempt to point out some of the hidden features that can make your daily use of the website more enjoyable. Please feel free to add your own tips to this thread as well.

Thread List Links
    While in the thread list there are several links that make it easy to get direct access to the information you want. The image below gives you details for each of the links:

i-Hd79H69.jpg

The last link for the thread count is an easy way to see who is posting the most in a single thread.

i-wbk2cX6.jpg

Quotes in Threads
    When you are in a thread and someone quotes a previous post in that thread, you can click the blue arrow to go to that specific post in the thread.

i-7B4nBPB.jpg

This is a work in progress post. I will add more tips to this initial post as I have time.

Additional information about how to format your posts and embed images/videos can be found at the following link: BB Code List
    You are a:

wizard_animated.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom