• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I have seen some very interesting methods to shoot this match. :)

i-tsmB4CD-L.jpg

I got to dig out my bean bag chair now......... :-)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i saw some guy, maybe him, carrying that around at their last prs match, think they had one in the shop also, maybe he bought that one.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    While there is not yet a current schedule on the Peacemaker site, the following matches are now listed in Practiscore:

Steel Challenge - March 3, 2018

2-gun - March 10, 2018

Long Range Challenge - March 24, 2018 and April 28, 2018

Super Steel - March 24, 2018

PRS Club Series 1 - April 14, 2018
    2-gun equals pistol and carbine? What max range on the rifle? Never did a multi gun match...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Oh, I meant to ask: what's the difference between Steel Challenge and Super Steel? I work on Saturdays so I only want to take one of these days off. it would be my first steel match so which might be more appropriate. I'd probably shoot PCC using my Colt carbine...

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Steel Challenge is regular sanctioned USPSA Steel Challenge match. All 8 stages and requires drawing from the surrender position for all centerfire pistols. Low ready for Rimfire and PCC. You can shoot up to 2 guns at the match, however considering the SC drawing requirements its best to shoot one centerfire pistol and another that does not require drawing like rimfire or PCC. If you joined USPSA/SC then you will get a rating on your score so you can see what you need to do to get up to Grand Master like Max Michel, Jerry Miculek, or KC Eusebio.
    Super Steel is like the PSA Shootout but without the 10 rd/mag limit, and you can shoot PCC and shotgun also. 5 stages all steel with a par time (60 seconds I think) 25-35 targets per stage and movement required on some stages (sort of like a USPSA all steel match also). Targets are a combination of poppers, floppers, knockdown steel, Texas Stars, and at least one Polish Plate Rack. Just about every type of target you will see at the PSA Shootout is also at the PNTC Super Steel Match (except maybe no sliders).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    2-gun equals pistol and carbine? What max range on the rifle? Never did a multi gun match...

2 gun is handgun (or PCC) and a rifle/carbine (eg ar-15). rifle from close to 500 yards. one thing they (peacemaker) do which is fun is rifle plate racks around 75-100 yards. rifle must remain slung while shooting (handgun/pcc and carbine/rifle).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Oh, I meant to ask: what's the difference between Steel Challenge and Super Steel? I work on Saturdays so I only want to take one of these days off. it would be my first steel match so which might be more appropriate. I'd probably shoot PCC using my Colt carbine...

pretty much what photoracer said above. steel challenge you shoot standing still (except one stage where you move 10 feet) at five pieces of steel. supersteel is like uspsa, you run around and shoot a butt ton of falling steel. each game has 5+ stages that are set up differently. you can shoot pcc in either game.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    pretty much what photoracer said above. steel challenge you shoot standing still (except one stage where you move 10 feet) at five pieces of steel. supersteel is like uspsa, you run around and shoot a butt ton of falling steel. each game has 5+ stages that are set up differently. you can shoot pcc in either game.
    So super steel sounds a bit more "fun". I will sign up for that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Slayer2c

Oct 14, 2011
    Bear, De
    yeah i saw some guy, maybe him, carrying that around at their last prs match, think they had one in the shop also, maybe he bought that one.

That can’t be better than prone......maybe he has a back problem, or was practicing for something? Worst case he at least has a seat wherever he goes!!!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Now 4 Steel Challenge events listed in Practiscore at Peacemaker:
    March 3, May 5, June 2, and July 7.
    Super Steel:
    March 24, May 26, June 23, August 25, and October 27.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom