• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    Exactly what DK said. As an FFL01, I ship via USPS. It's economical.

My very first USPS shipment experience encountered issues described in earlier posts. All I did was stand my ground with properly packaged handguns and form 1508 in hand until they obliged. Initial clerk refused and was upset with the notion of handguns being processed through USPS. Supervisor was unaware and also claimed it was illegal. I provided a printed copy of USPS regulations. That supervisor called someone and obtained the necessary procedure for handling. It was a learning experience for everyone at my local post office. By the conclusion of that visit, we all got to know each other fairly well. Supervisor concluded with, "You taught me something new today."

They're now very happy to process my shipments. Business operations continue! :)

scrbfr

Jul 24, 2013
    Had the same thing happen at the Churchville post office. Clerk told me I could not ship a long gun. Postmaster said the same thing. I told him to read the regulations. He apologized and accepted the gun for shipment. I live in Florida part of the year and ship my Ruger PC back and forth. It fits perfectly in the 36" triangular mailing tube. A bit of cut up "pool noodle" makes it secure. It ships 2-3 day priority mail. I also pay for additional insurance just in case. Generally about 25 bucks.
    The postmaster basically said the same thing as the above poster, "you taught me something new today"
    I once made the mistake of shipping a handgun via FEDEX back to the manufacturer. Had the be shipped priority next day air. Cost me over a hundred bucks. Now I call the manufacturer and request a shipping tag. They pick up the tab and return the gun the same way. UPS requires the gun be taken to a regional distribution center where they lock it up until it is ready to be shipped out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom