• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Finally got one. Was looking around at the range I shoot at and didnt like the ones in display. The sale person mentioned they just got a new one in and havent put in display.

Well today, she came home with me. :)

a7eheze5.jpg

Cant wait to shoot this weekend.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    I recently popped my 1911 Cherry as well. I went with a Sig, but that one is next on my list. I love the fish scale look.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Nice looking Smith, I was looking at the same one but went with the R1 enhanced.

They had Remington R1 and Spingfield but the dovetail were sharp and the trigger was gritty.

Spent a few more $$ and got this instead. Also saw Atec and Chad were talking about it on the other thread. :)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They had Remington R1 and Spingfield but the dovetail were sharp and the trigger was gritty.

Spent a few more $$ and got this instead. Also saw Atec and Chad were talking about it on the other thread. :)

Now you've went and cut into your C&R funds.:D
    I was really ready to get the Smith, but my dealer was having a hard time trying to get one and I opted for the Remington and I really like how it shoots.
    I'm thinking about another 1911 to possibly supress.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Yeah, after your post and shooting Inigoes few weeks back, might as well have an early bday present. :)

Mine was never meant to be....I was working a trade for a S&W Model 29....wound up with a Colt Combat Commander....was going to use the Glock as the carry gun. Sold the Glock because I got sick of getting shells in the face....put the money toward other things.

After I got the 1911, the Glock was just, well, boring. Nothing really wrong with it...just after I got the 1911 in my hand, I really didn't want anything else as far as a semi-auto...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Now you've went and cut into your C&R funds.:D
    I was really ready to get the Smith, but my dealer was having a hard time trying to get one and I opted for the Remington and I really like how it shoots.
    I'm thinking about another 1911 to possibly supress.

well true.. as my wife would put it. bank o wife is closed this year.. same for the parent company.. :lol2:

Mine was never meant to be....I was working a trade for a S&W Model 29....wound up with a Colt Combat Commander....was going to use the Glock as the carry gun. Sold the Glock because I got sick of getting shells in the face....put the money toward other things.

After I got the 1911, the Glock was just, well, boring. Nothing really wrong with it...just after I got the 1911 in my hand, I really didn't want anything else as far as a semi-auto...

yeah.. you got a good deal with that 1911.. :party29:

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    very pretty, i love the rail 1911's. oh, and make sure you dont place a loaded handgun in that case. and for christs sake be sure to read the owners manual located behind the insert.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Especially with all the extras on it! :D

no kidding..

now i need few extra mags, holster and mag holster... if i cant find it in the gunshow this weekend.. i'll have to order online.. oh and reloading dies, plates, bullets and lp primers... poor house here i go!! :o

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    well true.. as my wife would put it. bank o wife is closed this year.. same for the parent company.. :

You'll have to do what I learned from my wife, buy it, bring it in the house and put it the clutter in the basement for awhile, then when I see it and ask her where that came from she says, oh that, I've had that for awhile you just never noticed it.:D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Congrats. 1911s are addicting. I have 2 and I am now searching for a commander sized.

speaking of which.. what are the difference?!? i've search online for mags and they have goverment, commander, officer and full size.. :o

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    :thumbsup:Nice, I do like the look of those S&Ws. I need to get a 1911, my CZ disease has prevented me from acquiring one. I feel guilty now, I have a HK USP, G36, CZ-97b but no 1911. I think I have narrowed it down to a Gold Cup NM or a Dan Wesson PM7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom