• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ghborhoods/2011/08/24/gIQAr87haJ_story_4.html

It really isn't a surprise that NYPD has been aggressive in its intel efforts, but what IS a surprise is its methodology and use of career CIA employees on the CIA payroll to direct the NYPD's CONUS intel program.

NYPD officers were planted undercover in neighborhoods, book stores, coffee shops, and internet cafes to just sit and watch people and notice "anything suspicious," such as beauty shops selling "chemicals that could be used in bomb making materials" (i.e., hydrogen peroxide?????) or bookstore patrons who glanced at "extremist literature." And these operations included forays beyond New York state, unknown to the local police, and the recruitment of neighborhood busybodies as informants on their neighbors.

As we have seen with the gun shop "stings," and Bloomberg's unscripted accusation of "domestic terrorism" following the attempted Times Square car bombing (which this intel collection effort missed), gun owners or anyone "posing a potential threat to NYC" is fair game for NYPD.

There should be zero shoulder shrugging because the article describes how NYPD is targeting American Muslims. I guarantee you there is a NYPD "domestic extremist" intel program in effect. 38,000 police officers for a city of 305 square miles -- as the article said, they aren't all inside the city. I hope the lapdog press actually does its job and gets to the bottom of this. NYPD is refusing to apologize for its methods.

Anyway, rant over.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    This doesn't surprise me, mayor Bloomberg has been sending his people into other states to buy guns illegally for years. I'm sure they are up to all kinds of things.

Walter

May 23, 2010
    This shouldn't be news to us. Anyone who supports the Constitution, especially the 2nd, is considered an extremist, radical or terrorist and is therefore fair game to spy on. Hell, we're all probably on a watch list just for visiting these forums.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    It really isn't a surprise that NYPD has been aggressive in its intel efforts, but what IS a surprise is its methodology and use of career CIA employees on the CIA payroll to direct the NYPD's CONUS intel program.

NYPD runs the largest police intell group in the US. They recruit, train, and assign directly after the academy to their intelll group. They used to be intell 'consumers' and now theyre intell 'gatherers' and it pisses off other agencies. They do hack extremists groups domestically and internationally and are responsible for more cell disruptions, arrests and general badass LE work than all others combined (including the JTTF's)... that is a personal opinion FYI.

As for going operational in mosques I'm for it as pre 9-11 it was considered verbotten for PC reasons...

Now the tinfoil hat mafia is now free to attack any proactive police measures to protect the US :)

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Now the tinfoil hat mafia is now free to attack any proactive police measures to protect the US :)[/QUOTE]

Of course they would....I hadn't said anything b/c I'm just seeing which morons is going to reply with Nazi rhetoric

10 years ago NY had 2 skyscrapers fall to the ground and over 3000 people MURDERED by Extremists. I see there are some people who have forgotten that. Below is a reminder!!!

I guess there are still numbnuts out there who believe we're safer with out the police. These are the people who are preventing another 9/11 and the best you can do is Nazi rhetoric.

you disgust me :mad54:

Attachments

• MuslimAirBoycott.jpg
      MuslimAirBoycott.jpg
      10.9 KB · Views: 264

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    you disgust me

thanx... and BTW I didnt give up any sensitive info/intell... its all public info... their director is former agency and highly regarded... and you can bet with things flaring up in Yemen, Pakistan, and Somalia these guys will have hooks in if they dont already

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    So the NYPD is engaged in monitoring/intell of local islamists. What's wrong with that? No different than going after drug dealers.

Just as long as they stay in their jurisdiction and do not violate the laws/constitution, I say go for it.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    So the NYPD is engaged in monitoring/intell of local islamists. What's wrong with that? No different than going after drug dealers.

Just as long as they stay in their jurisdiction and do not violate the laws/constitution, I say go for it.

Uh, drug dealers are by definition, criminals. Being Islamic is not a crime in this country. You don't see the difference? Wow.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    Uh, drug dealers are by definition, criminals. Being Islamic is not a crime in this country. You don't see the difference? Wow.

Correct but aiding and abetting a known terror organization is... you probably think its a fundamental right per USC but its not :)

JOBU range and beer on me unless you got daddy duty

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Police have been taking part in the community, looking-out for oddities, etc, for years. It's good police work. I think the tinfoil hat crowd are the ones bothered by it.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO

It's OK. I find it is usually better to let the JBT/RAHOWA/X-CRUSADE crowd do their thing on interwebz without responding. The whole "wrestling in the mud" thing, and all.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery

Islamic is one who practices Islam as an individual choice of beliefs.

Islamists is a fundamentalist Islamic revivalist movement generally characterized by moral conservatism and the literal interpretation of the Koran and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all aspects of life upon everyone.

DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE???

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Islamic is one who practices Islam as an individual choice of beliefs.

Islamists is a fundamentalist Islamic revivalist movement generally characterized by moral conservatism and the literal interpretation of the Koran and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all aspects of life upon everyone.

DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE???

That is a very good articulation that I hadn't seen before.

ETA: but in America, even NAMBLA members are allowed to hold their beliefs without police spying on them. I can see the point of the NYPD's passive neighborhood surveillance, but cultivating domestic informants beyond the "call us if you see anything funny" step is just plain weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom