• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I got this email from the NRA a few minutes ago

Fierce Battle Over Gun Rights

Obama Justice Department Orders Gun Registration: Wayne LaPierre Denounced Action and Unveils NRA Lawsuit ...
    Watch here, Watch Now!

That was all the email said. My heart skipped a beat, was Obama really ordering gun registration across America?

No, turns out it's about the multiple sales in order states.

Not cool NRA.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Overstating the case and sensationalizing the subject is SOP for any organization that uses panic to help keep the money rolling in. It's why I only rarely send in any extra donations beyond my membership fee. Come to think of it, I've never sent anything extra to the NRA/ILA. And NRA/ILA is not the only gun rights organization that does this sort of thing, either.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Can't say I like em enough to justify getting a membership. If I wanna find out whats-what, I just go here. It's free, Imma cheap bastard, therefore it works for me! :D

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    without the NRA where would be ? chill out and donate when you can unless you are a full time lobbyist with as much influence as the NRA.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I am a member of the NRA, and I usually defend them.

This one just ticked me off a bit because it is extremely over sensationalized.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I am a member of the NRA, and I usually defend them.

This one just ticked me off a bit because it is extremely over sensationalized.

That's because you've been around a while. The scare tactics still work on the newer crowd, but they too will tire of getting all spun up over nothing time and time again.

It's like the kids' story about crying wolf too much......

These scare tactics take away attention from the real issues and make people say, "ho hum" every time something legitimate pops up.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    They contacted me a bit ago asking for money and talking abotu the UN treaty .. I told them when they start doing somethign about MD I would give money .. and I was very polite ..

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm a proud member (life) of the NRA!

Having said that, the other day a friend tells me he got an alarming cold call from someone claiming to be with the NRA. Either it was a lowball scare tactic by the NRA or a group trying to diminish the NRAs rep by pulling such a stunt.

I received my American Rifleman mag today, it's pretty good.

Last edited:

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    CCRKB (SAF) has been using some of the same tactics lately. They all do it I think. Same crap Jessey Jackson & NAACP play about if it rains & a black person gets wet, you know. Its definitely annoying but its still way too soon to abandon the NRA.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It may be overstating the case, but even I thought this is de facto registration before that email.

How is this different from the GOA posting someone posted here saying the budget deal contains secret gun legislation? When you read further it's a case of the "super" Congress "could" be used to bypass the rest of Congress's say so to past gun legislation.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    a buddy of mine keeps riding me about joining the NRA. Thing is, same as Billcw above, I feel like they aren't doing anything for MD. SAF currently does more stuff for us than the NRA and MSI is a local group. Both of them will get my money well before the NRA will.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    a buddy of mine keeps riding me about joining the NRA. Thing is, same as Billcw above, I feel like they aren't doing anything for MD. SAF currently does more stuff for us than the NRA and MSI is a local group. Both of them will get my money well before the NRA will.

No question SAF has done more. I think we need both. I see them doing 2 different things. NRA is a powerful lobby, and SAF is a legal pit bull.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I like the nra.

Junk mail doesnt bother me.

When i got that email, i already knew what it was about.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I told them when they start doing somethign about MD I would give money .. and I was very polite ..

How about this - you start doing something in Maryland (it's your state) - get out there and campaign for a guns rights politician this coming election.

Marylanders vote these anti-gun idiots into office and then want the NRA to fix it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom