• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    One of my work buddies is an Alaska resident but it stationed here. He purchased two lowers and did the 7-day wait blah blah. At this point he has to wait 60 days to purchase another regulated firearm in MD. That point is clear, but what's stopping him from going over the border and just buying lowers cash and carry? What about handguns?

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I may be wrong but I think he can only buy handguns in his home state or the state specified on his orders. If the orders say MD, no buying handguns in VA... Lowers or "other" are most likely treated the same way.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    And he could go into PA or VA and buy a long gun that is banned in MD, based on his Alaska residency.

However, he may NOT bring it into MD.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Tell him to get a Maryland Designated Collector letter. Search will turn up threads which will explain why.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Tell him to get a Maryland Designated Collector letter. Search will turn up threads which will explain why.

Will they give him one if his stated state of residence is not Maryland? Maryland is screwy in their definition of “residency”. Before I retired I had to fight to get the “in state” tuition rate for classes I was taking at UMD. Now it’s given to undocumented people.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Will they give him one if his stated state of residence is not Maryland? Maryland is screwy in their definition of “residency”. Before I retired I had to fight to get the “in state” tuition rate for classes I was taking at UMD. Now it’s given to undocumented people.

His orders give him residency in MD for the purpose of buying a firearm. They would do the same thing for MDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom