• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Delete/ignore if dupe..

Couple schools has an active threat for tomorrow.

http://wtop.com/prince-georges-coun...al-officers-prince-georges-co-schools-monday/

Was just about to post this... wife has been emailing coworkers over it...

http://wjla.com/news/local/prince-georges-county-police-investigate-online-threats-to-local-schools

Prince George's County police investigate online threats to local schools

wjla.com

Prince George's County Police are investigating threats against area schools that began circulating Sunday night on social media.The Prince George's County school system tweeted Sunday that police are investigating the online threats and will have addition

fishcrow

May 7, 2013
    I teach in this nutty place. The web site and our e-mail have nothing about this on them. I sent an article to colleagues at my school, and they didn't know anything about it, either. All of this brimstone and hell fire about how abusive the teachers and staff are, yet when there is a threat such as this, nothing is communicated.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Was just about to post this... wife has been emailing coworkers over it...
    Wife and her sisters heard it earlier. (All work for PGCPS).

They been contacting their friends that works in the schools mentioned.

Flowers is near where I work.

I just hope/pray it's a hoax.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I teach in this nutty place. The web site and our e-mail have nothing about this on them. I sent an article to colleagues at my school, and they didn't know anything about it, either. All of this brimstone and hell fire about how abusive the teachers and staff are, yet when there is a threat such as this, nothing is communicated.
    Just mentioned what you wrote to the wife.

Her response .

"Ah ha" agreeing the pgpsc hasn't sent email out .. aka slacking.

But don't know about the people that works in said schools if they are notified.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Turns out the PTB have been TWEETING the information!!

HTF are normal people supposed to find that out?!!

Starts looking like they're setting up the staff for a fall.
    Exactly..

Wife got a Txt from another friend with original tweet message earlier this afternoon... Tweeter has deleted the message but a copy has been spreading on fb.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Exactly..

Wife got a Txt from another friend with original tweet message earlier this afternoon... Tweeter has deleted the message but a copy has been spreading on fb.

The Missus is caught in the fallout of the Head Start mess, so it's of particular interest to her. It's good you posted the link with REAL information...

But they're still pissed!!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Be careful listening to what others are saying. Going back many years, long before social media when I was in Jr High School, we heard from the "Mom's Grapevine", that there were going to be riots in the school on Monday. So, many of the parents pulled their kids from school. Monday night we hear that the fighting is going to continue, so many of us are out until Thursday. That's when one of the parents decides to call the school. The school had no idea what the mother was talking about and was wondering why so many kids were not in school. So, off we go to school on Friday and our friends told us that NOTHING happened all week long.

So there were about 20-25 kids who missed almost an entire week of school over a rumor.

Now I know things are different today, but please keep in mind that these things can be overblown before you have any idea how it got started.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I thought I read last week that this had something to do with the creepy clowns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom