• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    The Sun has more info:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-gun-lobbying-20130117,0,324308.story

The newly re-created Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence, which in the late 1980s and early 1990s helped pass gun laws that included a ban on assault pistols, will be helped by O'Malley's former political director, Rick Abbruzzese, now a lobbyist with Rifkin, Livingston, Levitan & Silver.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and former Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend have agreed to serve on the board of the group, organized by gun control advocate Vincent DeMarco, which also hopes to raise money for a possible media campaign.

Last week, former Gov. Parris N. Glendening and University of Maryland law school professor Larry Gibson became leaders of Smart Gun Laws Maryland, an all-volunteer advocacy group for stricter gun laws.

The article claims Sen. Brochin has reversed his past position and now supports an AWB, though is skeptical about O.'Malley's other gun proposals. Not sure if it is true Brochin has flipped.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Can't we buy some lobbyists too?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Can't we buy some lobbyists too?

The problem with MD is the Constituents. We need to tell our elected officials that we will do everything possible to make them lose their next election if they vote for this. That includes giving money to their primary challenger. If their constituents are supportive or neutral on a topic, it doesn't harm them. There is only so much a lobbyist can do.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    We need media coverage through TV ads. That's how the left gets their message out.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Rifkin, Livingston, Levitan & Silver is one of the higher priced, more effective, lobbying firms.

This should show everyone just how serious O'Malley is about passing his anti-gun rights agenda.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Is it just me or is a large portion of their website in a different language?

Looks like latin to me. Google translate doesn't do much to make it any more understandable.

It's kind of shady to me that there is no where to join. Just some empty place to type your zip and send a non-English message to your elected rep or donate money. F-ing strange.

I thought that we should get someone on the inside.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Looks like latin to me. Google translate doesn't do much to make it any more understandable.

It's standard filler. Google "lorem ipsum"

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

pilgrim

It's kind of shady to me that there is no where to join. Just some empty place to type your zip and send a non-English message to your elected rep or donate money. F-ing strange.

I thought that we should get someone on the inside.

The website is being uploaded as I type. It is a blog template they had not filled in yet.

But here is where you too may become a Democrat in Maryland. Why do something like this? To subvert from within. Casting your primary vote for the candidate most likely to squander their resources and lose.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    It's standard filler. Google "lorem ipsum"

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

That was the second new thing I learned today.
    Thanks.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Ugh, just registered democrat......I hate the fact that I just did this, but living I'm this state and MoCo it makes absolute sense. It will also be fun shock factor as I talk conservative speak and pull out my registration card showing democrat to those who ask.

pilgrim

Ugh, just registered democrat......I hate the fact that I just did this, but living I'm this state and MoCo it makes absolute sense. It will also be fun shock factor as I talk conservative speak and pull out my registration card showing democrat to those who ask.

Painful, isn't it.

So now that you're a Democrat, would ya like like me to hold your firearms for safekeeping.
    I promise to take them to the range and shoot the hell out of them. But ya gotta pay child support, I'll bet they are hungry.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Brochin- he sent me a short reply that looked like a personal reply at that, that he will be looking at the issue from both sides with logic and something or another. I'm not sure, but I think he is the state senator for my area. If so, I will push the crap out of him with short well worded letters, and try to get some of my Hereford zone neighbors on the bandwagon too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom