• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pistolpete

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Anyone else shooting CZ rimfires here in Maryland? Butcher and I both shoot the 452 Varmint in .22lr. All I can say is it is a great value and VERY accurate. Here is a link to some pics that Butcher posted on another site. These pics are from the first time shooting his gun. When I do my part, covering my 5 shot groups @50 yards with a dime is easy. :party29:
    Fire Away, Pete

http://www.czshooters.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=384

Last edited:

Nonconformist

May 17, 2005
    I have a CZ 452 in 17 HMR. The gun is more accuate than I am, I put it on some sang bags last Friday and was impressed with the groups at 50 yards. At 100 yards it was not as consistant but there was a stiff wind coming in and was causing havoc with those little bullets.

Nonconformist

May 17, 2005
    I am currently shoot on private property on the Eastern Shore and I am working on a membership at a local private gun club, but had the pleasure of going to Hap last Friday for the first time and had a great time. Good people, nice facilities so I am sure I will be going back to Hap on the very near future.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    not a CZ shooter(yet), i have been wanting to get a bolt action .22lr and have read good things about the 452. heres my .22:

rugerBWgroup.jpg

-daniel

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have the CZ452 trainer model. Only difference as far I can tell is that the wood is not as pretty. It still outshoots me.

I found that mine is much more accurate with the Wolf MT than some of the other brands.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    yes, my best results so far have been with wolf mt. have you found a place that sells it locally(at a decent price)?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I usually get it by the brick at the Silverado shows. I think Atlantic in Silver Spring carries it, though it was pretty expensive.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Norton said:
    I usually get it by the brick at the Silverado shows. I think Atlantic in Silver Spring carries it, though it was pretty expensive.

yea, last time at the silverado show in frederick it was like $2 cheaper than cabelas and no cool box. atlantic is definately overpriced. :( shoot was hoping to find a cheap supply for wolf. even some of the only bulk stores are only a dollar or so less than cabelas and again, no cool box :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom