• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I’m headed there early Sat. Looking to expand my Civil War collection.

If anyone is interested in a Yugo M48 bayonet with frog. I am bringing to show and strapping to my shoulder to sell. If it does not sell at show it will go into the classifieds.
    f4190905128edb719ec495efa0570401.jpg

632c2fff0e22dab292ea580cb896c6c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I should be there early tomorrow. Not working it this year but I’ll be walking around. One of the benefits of being a member of MACA is that you get into the show at 7:30 before it opens and it’s free.

Might be toting Lou45’s M1903A4 sniper around with me for show and tell. No...I’m not selling it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    20 min wait in line.
    Ok who snagged the Finn marked Westinghouse Mosin over on the B row?

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Great show, picked up a nice Persian Mauser for a decent price.

Did anyone else stop by the Swiss rifle vender? They had some pristine K-11's

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Got there at 130. No lines. Wow. Overwhelmed with the displays and the goodies. Three very nice people looked at my 1898 krag carbine and pronounced it real and at different values. Saw dennis russell who wrote the book on 2nd generation colts ( highly recommended his book if you like these BP revolvers). Such a nice gentleman. And then when my feet couldn’t take it any more,
    ( hurt the big tow kicking a heavy bag yesterday) i left. 3 hrs or so. Very worthwhile.

Got there at 130. No lines. Wow. Overwhelmed with the displays and the goodies. Three very nice people looked at my 1898 krag carbine and pronounced it real and at different values. Saw dennis russell who wrote the book on 2nd generation colts ( highly recommended his book if you like these BP revolvers). Such a nice gentleman. And then when my feet couldn’t take it any more,
    ( hurt the big tow kicking a heavy bag yesterday) i left. 3 hrs or so. Very worthwhile.

Did any of them offer to buy it from you? A real '98 carbine is worth north of $4000. I'm going to assume they matched it to a SRS direct hit for a '98 carbine if they confirmed it was real.
    I fondled your Krag at several shows (before you bought it) and I would have sworn it was a Bannerman Carbine.
    Congrats!!!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Had a great time at the show today. Got a bunch of oddball ammo for a good price. Went there looking for one item in particular and managed to find it, an Austro-Hungarian M1870/74 Gasser revolver. Even managed to get a good deal on it too. Saw a few other milsurp rifles that I wanted but I blew my cash on the revolver.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Had a great time at the show today. Got a bunch of oddball ammo for a good price. Went there looking for one item in particular and managed to find it, an Austro-Hungarian M1870/74 Gasser revolver. Even managed to get a good deal on it too. Saw a few other milsurp rifles that I wanted but I blew my cash on the revolver.

I almost sprung for a Danish Krag, but settled for a percussion pre-CW boot gun. Your Gasser had me drooling.:thumbsup:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Got some odds and ends like some balls and an Enfield repro sling.

Picked up this civil war Springfield. The barrel was sanded down to be cleaned up some time ago which really drove the price down to be affordable.

I pulled it apart and had to heat up the nipple to get it off and have bees applying Kroil to the threads to clean the rust off. There is expected wear at the muzzle that I saw before buying but the rest of the bore is pretty good.

I looked at several Krags as I still had $ in my reserves, but did not buy cause the rifling at the muzzles were trash. I think next year I will just concentrate on Krags

a799c0b60ea912506dfc42e12a1f034a.jpg

28cb1659925da0fbdea4ddb51f228658.jpg

Last edited:

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Went with my oldest son and dad. Picked up a pietta 1851 naval repro for $200 like this:

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1851-Navy-Dlx-US-Marshal-44-5-1-2-110p1808.htm

1851-navy-yank-us-marshall-l.jpg

Son picked up a brass and blued 1851 Naval repro with an 8" barrel for $200.

Dad picked up a Egypt contract rolling block that needs some love for $250.

Had a really good time and plan on making this a family tradition. Amazing amount of history at this show. Way better than anything modern.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Went with my oldest son and dad. Picked up a pietta 1851 naval repro for $200 like this:

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1851-Navy-Dlx-US-Marshal-44-5-1-2-110p1808.htm

1851-navy-yank-us-marshall-l.jpg

Son picked up a brass and blued 1851 Naval repro with an 8" barrel for $200.

Dad picked up a Egypt contract rolling block that needs some love for $250.

Had a really good time and plan on making this a family tradition. Amazing amount of history at this show. Way better than anything modern.

Neat at worst those make nice display guns.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Was a nice show, lots of people there and lots of neat things to see. I picked up a nice SKS while I was there, and my stepfather got a K31. Worth the trip for us. Also swung byDuffy’s on the way home, it is about 10 mins just up the road from the show.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Did any of them offer to buy it from you? A real '98 carbine is worth north of $4000. I'm going to assume they matched it to a SRS direct hit for a '98 carbine if they confirmed it was real.
    I fondled your Krag at several shows (before you bought it) and I would have sworn it was a Bannerman Carbine.
    Congrats!!!
    Yes ( with do you want to sell it? Answer, no. And that’s as far as it went. ) but the rear sight is a rifle sight, updated, and the stock also updated, by the arsenal. Someone found a Proof mark i missed. Another thought it had gone to the phillipines for constabulary. No import mark. But thought it had seen jeep duty. Not a bannerman and not original and not worth 4k. But it has bones. But noone spent much time as i wasn’t selling. I have $290 in it.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    To square grouper. A bit more. Wife and i were at a timonium show on a sun some years ago. I had stopped by an interesting several tables alone the day before and bought a wood .303 brit ammo box from the 40s. Looked suspect but liked it and reasonable. Saw the krag, went home and did some internet research. Assumed fake but really had no clue but the low price. Came back sun justto relook ( i may have bought a scope for my mas 49/56 ) thru as these tables sun as were being packed by 3 young men. Carbine being packed and one of the men said they were manning the booth for a very sick friend, a dealer from gen burnie who needed to liquidate. Wife and i put our cash together, she went to find an atm for the 300 agreed price and he took the 250 i had before she returned. It needed a safety and i found one. Exhibitor said yesterday it was real and proper. That’s what i know. Its a mystery carb.

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    I looked at several Krags as I still had $ in my reserves, but did not buy cause the rifling at the muzzles were trash. I think next year I will just concentrate on Krags

I had my eye on a few. Prices were outrageous. I didn't even make offers on a lot of the Krag, M1 Carbine and Garands I was interested in because the prices were at least double the market on a lot of the tables. I get the impression a lot of those folks just like to display them but don't want to sell.

I struck out and can't go today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom