• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Jim Fredricks is AA Sheriff and yes he has a Huge Black eye for Gary Willis, but where does he stand on 2A? And why the hell has a Red Flag suite not been filed yet on behalf of Gary Willis????

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think most of the "metro" counties of Maryland have their own County Police department. Your sheriff's office probably just handles the court security functions and maybe the Detention center?

Up here in hilly-billay unincorporated Harford County where I'm at, the Sheriff's Office is the primary responding police as there is no "Harford County Police Department."

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think most of the "metro" counties of Maryland have their own County Police department. Your sheriff's office probably just handles the court security functions and maybe the Detention center?

Up here in hilly-billay unincorporated Harford County where I'm at, the Sheriff's Office is the primary responding police as there is no "Harford County Police Department."

Yes, and evictions. That is basically all HoCo sheriff's office does.

The county police are the ones that handle actual law enforcement, response calls, etc. The Chief is the CLEO, not the Sheriff in my county.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    And he was specifically referring to confiscation in case there was a backwards ban, if I remember the conversation.

As per the general discussion in this thread, I think there is an excellent chance, with the bill sponsor conceding as such, that there won't be a backwards ban on HBARs. Given the piss poor performance by the sponsor and lack of antigun lobbying organization visibility on the HBAR ban, both forward and backward (they didn't join Ivey as they did with sponsors on other bills), I'll keep my fingers crossed that this dies.

However, in 2013, when it seemed that we were winning on a lot of counts, at the last hour, O'Malley, a second termer eying a Presidential run, read the riot act to the Democratic Party leadership, and they flipped on some of the issues and pushed things through. In this instance, we need to be concerned if Bloomberg money and lobbying fronts (Everytown, MDA) decide that this is important to them and put the screws on legislators. The Democrats also enjoy greater numbers in the legislature than they've had in the past.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

From what I understand Bloomberg dropped just shy of half a billion dollars between 2018 elections and now to push all of this through and he’ll be speaking at UMD’s graduation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    LGSs will be gouging just like Lou was doing just prior to 2013.

Stopped into Baltimore's Best Pawn since someone mentioned that they had stripped lowers in stock. I was told that they had sold a number of them this week, but they had a few left. On sale no less. :D No gouging here.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The sheriff was asked if he would enforce the LQL if it became law because the questioner had heard about the sheriff saying he would not comply. The sheriff responded that he had been talking about HB0612 when he said that.

Yeah, and then there is the question regarding homemade guns. Does "We Will Not Comply" also cover homemade guns (a/k/a ghost guns)?

Politicians always say stuff to sound good, but the devil is in the details.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Jim Fredricks is AA Sheriff and yes he has a Huge Black eye for Gary Willis, but where does he stand on 2A? And why the hell has a Red Flag suite not been filed yet on behalf of Gary Willis????

And why would he have a black eye when it was the police department that served the ERPO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Correct. Howard and Montgomery counties are that way, I think PG and Anne Arundel are too. The sheriffs in those counties have very little police power.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    From what I understand Bloomberg dropped just shy of half a billion dollars between 2018 elections and now to push all of this through and he’ll be speaking at UMD’s graduation.

That came up in class today, now I refuse to go to graduation...

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    Don’t blame you. Does he have any attachment there? I thought he was a Hopkins alum.

He did, I think he studied electrical engineering like myself. Unlike him, I don’t have problems with law abiding citizens exercising their second amendment rights.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Bloomberg isn’t against guns, he’s against other people having guns.
    11-bloomberg.jpg

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    And why would he have a black eye when it was the police department that served the ERPO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hopefully we all helped tank his RoI.

I stand corrected. Didn't realize the cheif Timothy Altomare is the CLEO in AA county. It doesn't appear He's ever weighed in on Gun Control one way or the other which I certainly understand.

I did find this regarding Gary Willis though, and am disapointed with the response. Maybe had they gotten there at a reasonable hour the man wouldn't have answered the door with his gun in hand.

“I’m just dumbfounded right now,” she said. “My uncle wouldn’t hurt anybody. They didn’t need to do what they did.”

Anne Arundel County Police Chief Timothy Altomare disagrees. He told the Capital Gazette that Willis’ death is evidence that the new red flag law is needed and working.

“If you look at this morning’s outcome, it’s tough for us to say ‘Well, what did we prevent?’ ” he said. “Because we don’t know what we prevented or could’ve prevented. What would’ve happened if we didn’t go there at 5 a.m.?”

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Stopped into Baltimore's Best Pawn since someone mentioned that they had stripped lowers in stock. I was told that they had sold a number of them this week, but they had a few left. On sale no less. :D No gouging here.

Bollinger in Taneytown has a bunch in stock. Stopped by there yesterday.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    The red flag laws are working exactly as intended. That way they can confiscate your guns whenever they want without that pesky constitution getting in the way. Heck, it's easier when you don't need a warrant.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I stand corrected. Didn't realize the cheif Timothy Altomare is the CLEO in AA county. It doesn't appear He's ever weighed in on Gun Control one way or the other which I certainly understand.

I did find this regarding Gary Willis though, and am disapointed with the response. Maybe had they gotten there at a reasonable hour the man wouldn't have answered the door with his gun in hand.

“I’m just dumbfounded right now,” she said. “My uncle wouldn’t hurt anybody. They didn’t need to do what they did.”

Anne Arundel County Police Chief Timothy Altomare disagrees. He told the Capital Gazette that Willis’ death is evidence that the new red flag law is needed and working.

“If you look at this morning’s outcome, it’s tough for us to say ‘Well, what did we prevent?’ ” he said. “Because we don’t know what we prevented or could’ve prevented. What would’ve happened if we didn’t go there at 5 a.m.?”
    This makes me think he may be for confiscation. Also sounds like a response from a Bloomberg type. Does anyone know if he is or will sign off on suppressor/NFA applications?

Gary Willis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom