• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Nice looking pistol.

Crossing my fingers and toes that I get in, but with 19,000 apps for 8,000 guns this year, not good odds. Hope for the best, and hopefully the next batch will be issued to the 11,000 runner ups.

Q

I look at it this way; would you take a coin flip opportunity at getting one of these? Course it would be nice if they would at least tell me what my number is.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Very nice looking pistol. I'm grateful that I'm not a 1911 guy, because that's a good chunk of change for that pistol. That's more than I paid for a Service Grade 1943 Winchester Repeating Arms M1...

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I find it sad to say that there are some unscrupulous people who are already trying to sell these CMP 1911's for profit on GunBroker!

GB auction # 797045413

Edit; (Started another thread about this. Do not want to side rail the OP's thread.)

Last edited:

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Congratulations. And it's from 'cuse. Even better. I covet a RR from 'cuse.

JB01

Nov 11, 2017
    Your firearm reminds me of one I was assigned. In the early 1980s, I the CO of H&S Co., 204th Med. Bn., 47th ID. My armors assigned me a 1943 vintage Remington Rand 1911. It was perfect. Of course when the pistol was shaken, the slide would rattle . But that was normal for issue 1911s. If it stayed the way I remember, someone now has a beautiful pistol.
    JB

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    Your firearm reminds me of one I was assigned. In the early 1980s, I the CO of H&S Co., 204th Med. Bn., 47th ID. My armors assigned me a 1943 vintage Remington Rand 1911. It was perfect. Of course when the pistol was shaken, the slide would rattle . But that was normal for issue 1911s. If it stayed the way I remember, someone now has a beautiful pistol.
    JB

Wow, terrific memory you have. Thank you for your service as well, from one vet to another. The 47th sadly ceased to exist in 1991.

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    Nice looking pistol.

Crossing my fingers and toes that I get in, but with 19,000 apps for 8,000 guns this year, not good odds. Hope for the best, and hopefully the next batch will be issued to the 11,000 runner ups.

Q

I'm at SHOT Show and I stopped by the cmp booth yesterday. They will not open up the 1911 list to new buyers until the first 19,000 get a crack at them.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    That's nice. I saw a service grade that someone had at the range. His had no rebuild marks, but it had the silver parkerizing common on later rebuilds.

Yes the CMP will not ship these to an 03 because of states like New Jersey and California where an 03 is not allowed to receive a pistol. They just went with a blanket approach and mandated 01 FFLs only.

No, the law that required the Army to transfer the 1911s to the CMP also required them to ship to business FFLs only and had the buyers submit the paperwork all over again regardless of whether they were already on file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom