• ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    what say the pool of wisdom?

Harvey

Jan 27, 2015
    I got one a year or so ago and it is a great rifle. But just an FYI, unless you have access to a private land to shoot on, the closest range I have found that allows 50BMG is in Northern Virginia.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I got one a year or so ago and it is a great rifle. But just an FYI, unless you have access to a private land to shoot on, the closest range I have found that allows 50BMG is in Northern Virginia.

I have a spot on the farm where I can get between 5-600 yards so I think I would good to start with anyway

We have a nice setup for 1-400 yards the longer yardage requires sitting up on a hill and shooting across two fields and a hedge row, but it’s simple enough

Harvey

Jan 27, 2015
    I've only shot it a 1K yards and that give you about 3 seconds after pulling the trigger to reacquire your target, find the bullet trail and watch the impact. It's definitely not for the budget minded, but you will be grinning from ear to ear after each shot.

With a Vortex Razor HD on top, it's getting one MOA or better accuracy with IMI M33 ball ammo. It does not like Freedom Munitions ammo at all. IMI, which I think is now rebranded as Barrett, works flawlessly for around $3ish a round.

Shot 50 rounds last Sunday and the only thing that hurt was my wallet. She does not kick nearly as bad as might be expected.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I've only shot it a 1K yards and that give you about 3 seconds after pulling the trigger to reacquire your target, find the bullet trail and watch the impact. It's definitely not for the budget minded, but you will be grinning from ear to ear after each shot.

With a Vortex Razor HD on top, it's getting one MOA or better accuracy with IMI M33 ball ammo. It does not like Freedom Munitions ammo at all. IMI, which I think is now rebranded as Barrett, works flawlessly for around $3ish a round.

Shot 50 rounds last Sunday and the only thing that hurt was my wallet. She does not kick nearly as bad as might be expected.

great review!:)

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have a spot on the farm where I can get between 5-600 yards so I think I would good to start with anyway. We have a nice setup for 1-400 yards the longer yardage requires sitting up on a hill and shooting across two fields and a hedge row, but it’s simple enough

MDS picknic? I'll bring the fried chicken. And a 50bmg.....:innocent0

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Hit me up in the spring and when I get rid of this cancer I would like that

If I drop dead then not do much, lol j/k

Edit: that was supposed to be funny but in retrospect maybe not so much because I will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom