• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Okay folks, a friend of mine needs some advice....

Sig 522, what do you do with the sights/optics? Aimpoint is out of the price range, though... I say go with irons, but seems like the only option is the SIG branded option.

What to do?

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I put a Sparc on mine.

It works great....cheap way to get a decent red dot on there without breaking the bank.

I think I paid about $200 for mine.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I put a Sparc on mine.

It works great....cheap way to get a decent red dot on there without breaking the bank.

I think I paid about $200 for mine.

+1

I put a Sparc on mine also. Works great.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Okay folks, a friend of mine needs some advice....

Sig 522, what do you do with the sights/optics? Aimpoint is out of the price range, though... I say go with irons, but seems like the only option is the SIG branded option.

What to do?

Samson makes a front flip that works on sig rifles, and is correct height for an ar rear sight. It wont work with the sig factory sights. It will cowitness with ar optics of the correct height.

http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/product/QF-FFS-SIG-FRS.html

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    The Samsons look interesting, but he's got the Classic, so there's no rail to attach the front sight. Is there another way you can mount it?

And thanks for the inputs! SPARC seems interesting, but that means moving into this century...

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The Samsons look interesting, but he's got the Classic, so there's no rail to attach the front sight. Is there another way you can mount it?

And thanks for the inputs! SPARC seems interesting, but that means moving into this century...

That samson front mount doesnt attach to a rail, it bolts to the sig gas block just like the sig sights, thats why its a sig specific sight. It should work on your buddy's classic.

Midwest industries makes one too:
    http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=222

Uncle Krunkle

Sep 29, 2010
    I use a fixed 4x Nikon Prostaff scope (about $100). You'll need to spend some more money to get picatinny scope rings for it (it comes with rimfire rings).

I heard that the 522 peep sights are disappointing. If I had to do it over again, then I'd get the vortex strike fire.

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    I put a Mueller 4-14x 40mm scope on mine since all of my plinking is at the 100 yrd range. I had a 3-9x NC star on it first but the glass was crappy and I wanted to get a little closer to the targets. I purchased the Mueller through JoeBobOutfitters for a great price. IMO I would scope it and not use iron sights. It's one hell of a fun rifle huh?!

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I find myself in this same dilemma. I'm about to pick up a Sig 522 Swat, but need to do something about the sights (or lackthereof). I would like to get iron sights plus a decent little red dot but iron sights seem to be so freaking expensive. I'm also new to the world of any sights other than stock.

I was looking at http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-TRS-25-1xRed-Riflescope/dp/B00200E0HM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1MUO1JYUGO6S4&colid=26XF031Q1YHQX this red dot. NutNFancy said it was decent (trust me, I take everything he says with a grain of salt, but I don't need anything AMAZING), and it fits the budgy. I could definitely use some help/opinions though.

EDIT*** Also, now I'm noticing that the red dot I posted probably won't mount to the picatinny rail on the 522 Swat. Told you I was new to this!!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I find myself in this same dilemma. I'm about to pick up a Sig 522 Swat, but need to do something about the sights (or lackthereof). I would like to get iron sights plus a decent little red dot but iron sights seem to be so freaking expensive. I'm also new to the world of any sights other than stock.

I was looking at http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-TRS-25-1xRed-Riflescope/dp/B00200E0HM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1MUO1JYUGO6S4&colid=26XF031Q1YHQX this red dot. NutNFancy said it was decent (trust me, I take everything he says with a grain of salt, but I don't need anything AMAZING), and it fits the budgy. I could definitely use some help/opinions though.

EDIT*** Also, now I'm noticing that the red dot I posted probably won't mount to the picatinny rail on the 522 Swat. Told you I was new to this!!

It looks like weaver, it should fit the picatinny. It will block any iron sights you install.

Find something in a taller co-witness mount, and maybe go with the magpul flip sights if you have a fore rail to mount the front one to. Take a look at primary arms' website. They have some inexpensive micro red dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom