• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    SB 798 is still alive and well. But rewritten, the bill and is leaving it up to individual cities and counties to make laws similar (or more restrictive) than the original bill proposed. SB 798 has become a permission slip for any county or city to force all airsoft, BB and pellet guns in an area to be clear or brightly colored.

Don't live in CA ? You're not off the hook ! Sign the petition ! Remember, we're California in Miniature. Whatever goes down in CA, MD will surely follow here ... from anti-2A laws, to restrictive auto emissions, and gay marriage ... to banning the sale of bb guns.

Don't live in California? Sign the petition ! anyway to show your support. If SB 798 passes, the movement to restrict black gun ownership could gain momentum. Your city, county or state could be next. Don't be caught saying, "I should have signed that petition." You've got one chance. This is it. Do the right thing!

Sign the petition ...

Last edited:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Signed.
    What a bunch of idiots.
    If I lived in California I'd start hoarding those "evil black assault airguns" then sell them for profit once they get banned. For example, hi cap mags more than tripled in price in 1994 when they were banned and I shouldn't even need to mention what happened with machine guns.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Did anyone actually read the bill or did you guys just go to the website and read what was thrown across the website?

They aren't trying to stop the sales of these things at all.........they aren't trying to raise the price at all.......they aren't trying to arrest citizens or take their "evil black airsoft guns".......they are just trying to add color to the gun other than black because currently there is no law regarding it on BB and paintball guns.

90% of your D.C. robberies (that use a gun) are bb guns used by juveniles that were stolen from places like sports authority. I personally have been on scene where children have been shot because they (not having the best judgement) don't drop the BBgun. I can honestly tell you that there are more than a handfull of young kids that I personally could have been 100% justified in killing over these things (thankfully I waited that extra second).

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_798_cfa_20110427_154959_sen_comm.html

Read the actual bill.....I'm not saying I'm for/against it. I'm just showing you the facts before you see something gun related and say, "Damn government taking my "rights" again."

I completely understand both sides of the argument here and understand that 99% of the owners of these things are good kids having fun and good citizens playing with them in their backyard. Hell I have 4 in my closet that I got for my nephew and he didn't want. But I will say this the OP's link is pure paranoia and at terrible representation of what is actually going on.

BTW I did sign but only after reading the bill although I don't 100% disagree with the bill. I'd just see how they intended to fully impose it before I would accept it. That being said I don't think it's a terrible idea, just need to be drawn out before created.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Did anyone actually read the bill or did you guys just go to the website and read what was thrown across the website?

They aren't trying to stop the sales of these things at all.........they aren't trying to raise the price at all.......they aren't trying to arrest citizens or take their "evil black airsoft guns".......they are just trying to add color to the gun other than black because currently there is no law regarding it on BB and paintball guns.

90% of your D.C. robberies (that use a gun) are bb guns used by juveniles that were stolen from places like sports authority. I personally have been on scene where children have been shot because they (not having the best judgement) don't drop the BBgun. I can honestly tell you that there are more than a handfull of young kids that I personally could have been 100% justified in killing over these things (thankfully I waited that extra second).

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_798_cfa_20110427_154959_sen_comm.html

Read the actual bill.....I'm not saying I'm for/against it. I'm just showing you the facts before you see something gun related and say, "Damn government taking my "rights" again."

I completely understand both sides of the argument here and understand that 99% of the owners of these things are good kids having fun and good citizens playing with them in their backyard. Hell I have 4 in my closet that I got for my nephew and he didn't want. But I will say this the OP's link is pure paranoia and at terrible representation of what is actually going on.

BTW I did sign but only after reading the bill although I don't 100% disagree with the bill. I'd just see how they intended to fully impose it before I would accept it. That being said I don't think it's a terrible idea, just need to be drawn out before created.
    Don't you know we have to pass these laws before we find out what they entail? It is a tragedy for the Officer that shoots some little idiot but sadly the days of inteligent laws well implemented are pretty much in the past. When the average lawmaker wants to have the Mars Rover take a picture of the flag Neil Armstrong left or express concern over islands tipping over I think it is time for them to govern a little less! For the children.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

So, if I take my real Benelli MR1 and decoratively paint it like the picture below, does that make it any more safe for police or for stupid people who wouldn't obey a lawful order to 'drop your weapon' ? This is yet the 2nd round of well-intentioned, feel-good piece of liberal BS that was roundly rejected when it was presented as a statewide CA bill. nothing has changed except that the author is now leaving it up to individual communities to enact their own ordinances. As the old saying goes ... the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

OBTW ... I'm NOT paranoid ... :tinfoil: :D

Attachments

• RX4.JPG
      RX4.JPG
      14.1 KB · Views: 177

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hahahah I'm not entailing that you are paranoid don't worry. I don't mind the logic behind signing the petition (as I did sign) however reading the website that was posted would have you believe that you are going to lose these and then guns are going to immediately follow. My main issue is by no means the logic/reasoning behind your post sir and I do think you have a valid cause here. My main issue is the presentation of the material put forth on the website. When reading the bill the logic behind the bill really isn't all that bad IMHO opinion. I would just need a plan of implementation before I decided to agree and allow this to pass.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I would just need a plan of implementation before I decided to agree and allow this to pass.

Just like any other of the well-meaning pieces of legislation that liberal hand-wringers put together, it is usually based in emotional response to some tragic, yet preventable accident. The problem I have (and thus my and PyramidAir's 'emotional' response) is that you can't legislate away stupidity, or human nature.

So, while I would agree with you that an implemenation plan might be nice to cover the devil in the details, past history both in CA and nationally has shown that those kinds of details are sorely lacking for a reason, or when they are provided they are buried in a 2,000+ page document.

ObamaCare ... hello ...

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    nothing a stolen rattle can cant fix.

Oh come on....no one in CA uses spraypaint for illegal activities.:rolleyes:

The bigger problem with this bill is that when counties and municipalities can make up their own laws, you NEVER know where you're "legal" or not.

We always oppose these kinds of patchwork bills simply because too many good people get snagged up on lame charges based on GEOGRAPHY.

How is it that something can be dangerous in location X, but completely harmless in the government's eye 3 feet away in location Y?

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Don't forget the guy in Tennessee who painted his AK pistol with an orange tip to look like an airsoft gun--so we already have people trying to use the bright colors on real guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom