Since everyone else posted their pics:

P7210087.jpg

P7210085.jpg

P7210086.jpg

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    They are. Vzgrips.com. A little pricey at $70 but as you can see, well worth the cost. And they feel great to. If your ever near Andrews AFB let me know and you can feel for yourself

skip-a-long

R.I.P.
    May 24, 2009
    Somer-sault Cty
    Finally made it over to Mid County Saturday, to pick up my 1911.

First I would like to thank DD, Spot, Lou and anyone else that had anything to do with this group buy. Like to thank Lou for all that he did as far as setting this up and handling all the PMs he must have received during this buy. Thanks also Lou, for sending the gun to Mid County to handle the transfer and for answering all my PMs.

Dave MP, you did an outstanding job on the certificates!

Really like to thank Mike at Mid County for handling that transfer plus 2 more at the same time and for going that extra mile! I apologize to Mike for taking him away from his family time, caused by me running my mouth, (with nothing really important to say).

Lou and Mike are two great guys to do business with.

Here are a couple of photos, one with patriotic grips and one with shooting grips.

Now to try to make it to the range!

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
      IMG_0100.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 500
    • IMG_0086.jpg
      IMG_0086.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 502

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Finally had a chance to take my pistol out to the Marriottsville range this afternoon. Before going I had stripped it down, lubed it with CLP, racked the slide innumerable times, dry fired using snap caps, etc., to start breaking it in. Also replaced the stock grips with checkered ones, which required very minor fitting.

I shot 50 rounds of the Aguila brand .45, and the pistol functioned flawlessly. Not to say that something won't show up later, but this first trial run went without a hitch. At 25 yards all my shots were on paper, which is very unusual for me. My pistol skills usually suck, but not with this gun, at this time.

I would have shot more to continue breaking it in, but the rest of the guys started showing up for the TCA MG shoot and I had to get ready for that.

So, in summary, my opinion of this gun is a big :thumbsup:

Bryan

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Ok.
    Finally got around to posting pictures of my group buy toy. I tried to add color to the engraving. Not sure if it will stay.
    0806111909.jpg

0806111909a.jpg

7 yard first shots
    7yardfirstshots.jpg

8 yard left & right hand
    8yardleftrighthand.jpg

50 RD SELF DEF
    50RDSELFDEF.jpg

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    There are five (I think) members in this group buy that didn't receive their certificates as of yet. The certs were mailed out today at the post office. So if you are one of the five in question, the certs should be in your mailboxes by Wednesday 08/10/11. I believe they were:

Tower43
    Mr White Rabbit
    Speedy4
    Harpoon76
    Orangespear

:)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Well, if all works out as planned, Lou45 is going to be taking his RIA Tactical
    .45 1911-A1 to the range today with PutneySwope in tow. Will update later with the results.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Well, if all works out as planned, Lou45 is going to be taking his RIA Tactical
    .45 1911-A1 to the range today with PutneySwope in tow. Will update later with the results.

Good news on the gun, it spit the bullets out the front each time I pulled the trigger and it went bang. Used Fed Am Eag and Aquilla 230 ball and shot POA at 50 feet inside two inches. Not bad for a base grade 1911.:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom