• Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    This Guy started a thread on Calguns and is definitely NOT being well received.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=458448

I'm a visitor/implant from Calguns.net. My first post here, and thought Everyone needs to be aware of this guy, and his Brady/Shill status. Apparently, he was born and raised in California. Go figure. My apologies, Gentlemen.

No need to apologize. As a moderator here I often log on to other state specific boards to post about one specific thing. I even stuck around on a few of them, and hopefully you'll visit here whenever the urge strikes. We have quite a few out of state members, and it seems that CA and MD have a lot in common anyway.

Welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I dunno. A Draco with an orange painted tip is a little bizarre. Trying to make the gun look like a toy. It should be illegal to paint the tip of a firearm orange. Not a good case.

He's getting brutalized in the thread on Cal-guns, and rightly so. What a moron.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Now we will need a new law against painting the tips of gunbarrels orange to look like toys!

I agree. It misrepresents the gun, and can be dangerous. My son has airsoft guns. His MP5 looks just like the real thing. All metal except the polymer lower etc. The only way you can tell the difference is the orange tip. If my (imaginary, but very much wanted) MP5 had an orange tip, he could pick it up and shoot his friends with it. Bad.....

If people weren't stupid, this would be obvious, and we wouldn't need laws like this.

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Doesn't California have a new law to make airsoft guns out of a brightly colored plastic or something like that? I know in this case it is the opposite, but I just wonder if that guy was trying to make a statement about that (Note: I am in no way defending this guy).

Southwest Chuck

Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    No need to apologize. As a moderator here I often log on to other state specific boards to post about one specific thing. I even stuck around on a few of them, and hopefully you'll visit here whenever the urge strikes. We have quite a few out of state members, and it seems that CA and MD have a lot in common anyway.

Welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Patrick was my impetus for coming here. He is a great contributor to Calguns also, and has my utmost respect for his clear concise ability to analyze current legal cases and theory. As for the "apologies" quote, it was more a reference to this guy's California "roots" :sad20:

Now we will need a new law against painting the tips of gunbarrels orange to look like toys!

Don't worry. California will undoubtedly take the lead in that cause, I'm sure. :envy:

Southwest Chuck

Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    Doesn't California have a new law to make airsoft guns out of a brightly colored plastic or something like that? I know in this case it is the opposite, but I just wonder if that guy was trying to make a statement about that (Note: I am in no way defending this guy).

Yup. It's in the works. It also includes BB and pellet guns. We'll see if the Gov. signs or vetoes it. If it passes, the next step on the anti's agenda will be to ban any type of paint/colors on real guns.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    Kwikrnu was a member of TFL, up until he posted about his exploit of being hassled by the (TN) police for carrying a BP six shooter in his hand, back in Jan of 2010.

I see he's still up to his asinine standards.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    WTF?

A guy in camies walking around a state park with a Draco with the muzzle painted orange? Did he write "they made me do it" on his forehead in sparkly pink gel pen too?

The Calguns thread on this is absolutely hilarious. Thanks for the link and the warning.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    WTF?

A guy in camies walking around a state park with a Draco with the muzzle painted orange? Did he write "they made me do it" on his forehead in sparkly pink gel pen too?

The Calguns thread on this is absolutely hilarious. Thanks for the link and the warning.

MAJOR WTF moment on that Calguns thread. 0-52 posts and Banned. Unreal.

Originally Posted by andytothemax View Post
    I also strongly, strongly advise you not to appeal the grant of Summary Judgment in your case. It will be upheld on appeal and will then be cited in every future 2A case.

Which is why I may just pay the $400 filing fee and represent myself

He then posts: "Gura isn't my boss and I won't be told what to do."

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

fiddletown

Jul 23, 2011
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Since I saw Southwest Chuck and Al Norris here, I figured I might as well drop in. I first ran into Kwikrnu at TFL (as Al mentions), or maybe it was THR. In either case, he's not in either place any more, nor has he been for some time.

I was participating in the Calguns thread.

I wondering when/if he'll show up at forum.m1911.org where I'm a moderator.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'm going to agree with Tetros that a law making painting a real gun with an orange tip a crime would be a good law.

Orange tips are used to identify toy guns, paining a real gun to make it look like a toy is or should be, a crime.

Southwest Chuck

Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    I'm going to agree with Tetros that a law making painting a real gun with an orange tip a crime would be a good law.

Orange tips are used to identify toy guns, paining a real gun to make it look like a toy is or should be, a crime.

In principal, I agree, but it could quickly become a slipper slope for us. The problem you run into is that once the floodgates are opened, all kinds of things could/would happen. Will Camo be allowed? Two toned /desert sand/green/chrome/stainless etc? I think as someone suggested, it would have to be very very specific and a specific element or "intent to deceive" added? I don't know. But if it came down to it, I'd rather we wrote it rather than an anti.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom