• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phor

Mar 7, 2009
    Last october I've joined the AGC range, with the Baltimore Rifle Club. I like the facility a lot and the staff there is awfully nice and helpful. I recomment the facility 100% to anybody, but lately it's been impractical to drive there from Greenbelt. Sometimes I caught myself feeling like going to shoot and the propect of driving 45 minutes each way just keep me from doing so. I was wondering if there are any private people who have ranges, withing decent distance from Greenbelt, who would work out something with me? I can buy you ammos, or pay you a fee each time I shoot at your place! I have an AR-15.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I used to live on Mandan Rd in Greenbelt and drove there. The drive was a little better when I moved to Laurel but then I moved to Western Carroll County and haven't been since. It is one of the nicest facilities I have been to and is professionally run.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did you check out Berwyn Rod & Gun?

Over towards Bowie - closer than AGC.
    BRGC is a hop and skip from Greenbelt. I was a member for a number of years, and while it's expensive, it's definitely a great place to shoot. Probably even better now that they've got cashflow to make substantial improvements. :)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not sure you can shoot (recreationally) on private property in PG county legally. You can’t in Howard county. Most of MoCo is off limits to rifles and I assume all that is offlimits to rifles is a no go for recreational shooting. So it is finding someone off the beaten path in Anne Arundle county or driving up to Carroll or Fredrick or something.

Berwyn or AGC are probably the closet outdoor ranges to you. I think there are couple of indoor ranges near to you. If you like shotguns, PG county trap and sporting clays facilities is right in Greenbelt. A private party who can legally shoot on their property is probably going to be a half an hour or more from you as it is.

phor

Mar 7, 2009
    It seems that for now I'll be driving to the AGC range, which I like a lot anyway.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Answer #1 - By Maryland standards , 45min isn't long

Answer #2 - You're not going to find a private location option close to you

Answer #3 - If 20-25min vs 45min is meaningful to you, then Berwyn ( outdoor, membership, $$, but great club ), or Md Small Arms ( 50yd indoor, hourly , $ ) are alternatives .

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Not sure you can shoot (recreationally) on private property in PG county legally.

One can shoot recreationally in PG. The law states roughly one can’t shoot at a target or mark within 1000 feet of a residence. One still can’t do the stupid stuff, shoot across a road, at night, need to have a back stop. There aren’t too many places in PG that are rural enough anymore and it is only getting worse.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It seems that for now I'll be driving to the AGC range, which I like a lot anyway.

My suggestion is to get some steel and your AGC steel sticker.
    A 1/2 size silhouette target, hanger,and 2x4 is all you need. Its much quicker to set up steel, more fun, and you only need to carry a can of paint downrange to refresh your target. Steel does not fall over if its windy. It might fall over if you hit the 2x4 too many times. :innocent0 Banging steel has definitely brought me out to the range more. Get a hostage target or some other reactive target, its a lot of fun.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not sure you can shoot (recreationally) on private property in PG county legally.

One can shoot recreationally in PG. The law states roughly one can’t shoot at a target or mark within 1000 feet of a residence. One still can’t do the stupid stuff, shoot across a road, at night, need to have a back stop. There aren’t too many places in PG that are rural enough anymore and it is only getting worse.

That’s at least something. But yeah, I’d guess not a lot of places where you’d find 1000+ft.

A reasonable back stop and 100yds seems plenty to me so long as it isn’t in the direction of another residence (obviously eventually there will be one, but call it 1000+ feet behind the backstop minimum, but to the sides, behind you, etc. 150yds should be more than plenty).

phor

Mar 7, 2009
    Yes, I'll be using the Md Small Arms too.
    I know 45 minutes is nothing, is just my schedule that's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom