• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's more than one form every 20 minutes with no time for meetings, no time for any other normal administrative functions, no time for bathroom breaks. If you want the backlog to improve, they need to do it even faster, and G-d help them if more people start submitting forms.

I'll repeat it again: your expectations are wildly unrealistic, and you would be unable to do better with the same resources.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    That's more than one form every 20 minutes with no time for meetings, no time for any other normal administrative functions, no time for bathroom breaks. If you want the backlog to improve, they need to do it even faster, and G-d help them if more people start submitting forms.

I'll repeat it again: your expectations are wildly unrealistic, and you would be unable to do better with the same resources.

What! :shocked4: They are allowed bathroom breaks? :D

I have kept an eye on NFATracker but not sure how accurate it is as I believe it is up to the individual applicant to update it.

I am hoping for the best (sometime this month) but accepting the worse (sometime next month).

Good luck to all!

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I actually got a chuckle from the NFA lady when i mentioned I knew the reason it was taking SO long to get Form 1's and 4's approved. i told her he put so many in he should have his own examiner. Got her laughing pretty good actually. Nice lady. Too bad she did not have good news for me.

Dave

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Received my stamp 1/10/11 took about 6 months to the day. Have 1 more in, 4 months and counting.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Don't blame me! I've only got 5 items pending. rcpd34 has 7 items in the system! However, I'll soon have 8 pending after MSP signs off on my next batch. :D

So, you have a co-conspirator? :lol2:

I was wondering why the BATFE added an additional month. Seems to explain it all :)

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    This batch took forever.....

Form 4 mailed (certified) - 18 July
    Form form received in GA - 26 July
    Check cashed - 2 August
    Pending - 9 August
    Approved - Unknown
    Paperwork received at manufacturer: 1/14/2012
    Received in my hands - This Friday I hope!

========

Check cashed for 3 other items 28 December 2011.... there has to be a way to make this quicker.

Now I'm thinking of doing a Form 1 for another AR SBR.... this is addictive stuff.

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    This batch took forever.....

Form 4 mailed (certified) - 18 July
    Form form received in GA - 26 July
    Check cashed - 2 August
    Pending - 9 August
    Approved - Unknown
    Paperwork received at manufacturer: 1/14/2012
    Received in my hands - This Friday I hope!

========

Check cashed for 3 other items 28 December 2011.... there has to be a way to make this quicker.

Now I'm thinking of doing a Form 1 for another AR SBR.... this is addictive stuff.

5 mos is about right these days. Petition your elected officials to fund additional examiners. I understand your frustration; I have 7 forms out now.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I checked NFATracker and Dana has not approved (or at least no one has posted it) a Form 1 or Form 4 since the ones having a 8 Aug pending date and that was a while ago. I have seen nothing after that approved by him. Hope he is OK. At least until my Form 1s and Form 4s get approved. :)

Dave

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    I checked NFATracker and Dana has not approved (or at least no one has posted it) a Form 1 or Form 4 since the ones having a 8 Aug pending date and that was a while ago. I have seen nothing after that approved by him. Hope he is OK. At least until my Form 1s and Form 4s get approved. :)

Dave

He is alive and well. He did 2 Form 5's for me over the last 6 weeks or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom