• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I have a relative being deployed. She lives in VA and is storing her belongings with me before going. She owns a handgun. I think she has to transfer ownership to me, through MSP, before leaving, correct?

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    No, that would be a big mistake. I deployed four times, 1963-1984, and never transferred ownership. No law requires it as far as I know, and would not anyhow.

The less those MSP turds know, the better off we all are!

Lew--Ranger63

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I have a relative being deployed. She lives in VA and is storing her belongings with me before going. She owns a handgun. I think she has to transfer ownership to me, through MSP, before leaving, correct?

Have her get in contact with us. We'll store it until she gets back. I already have a few from deployed National Guardsmen.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    It is so sad a discussion like this even takes place. Vote the bums out. Drain the cesspool. Make America great again.

Prayers for a safe deployment.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So her deployment was abruptly cancelled. Par for the course with the military but I guess with the change in administration they decided to stop mobilization of her unit. She isn't a happy camper to say the least. She had everything packed, apartment gone, stuff moved out, work notified, etc... So now she might be moving back to VA or moving to MD. Not sure but right now but she is in MD until she finds a place. She has 90 days to worry about registering her firearm if she is moving to MD. Correct? She still has a VA drivers license.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    She does not have to register anything with MD if she is active duty and keeps her VA residency. She is not required to become a MD resident, and thus is not required to register her gun.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It sounds like she is Guard or Reserve.

She had everything packed, apartment gone, stuff moved out, work notified, etc.

If she was active duty, her work would have known. :)

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    That's great you guys do this sort of thing.

We had one Guardsman that was planning on just giving his handgun to a friend to hold onto for a year long deployment. I'm glad I heard about it before he did that... LOL

We have another active duty Lieutenant Colonel who PCSed to Korea and wants to buy some new Vickers Glocks while he's gone. I'm going to hold them for at least 2 years, possibly 3. He's a really good customer, though.

One Marine a while back did the 77R and two days later called and said he was "taking a short trip overseas". We didn't see him for 6 months.

We know what's it's like to get deployed because we've been deployed. We do our part to help people out when we can. It's the least we can do for our brothers and sisters in arms.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We had one Guardsman that was planning on just giving his handgun to a friend to hold onto for a year long deployment. I'm glad I heard about it before he did that... LOL

We have another active duty Lieutenant Colonel who PCSed to Korea and wants to buy some new Vickers Glocks while he's gone. I'm going to hold them for at least 2 years, possibly 3. He's a really good customer, though.

One Marine a while back did the 77R and two days later called and said he was "taking a short trip overseas". We didn't see him for 6 months.

We know what's it's like to get deployed because we've been deployed. We do our part to help people out when we can. It's the least we can do for our brothers and sisters in arms.

:thumbsup: :patriot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom