• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhyTheBans

Oct 31, 2016
    I'm using my AR-15 to be except from the HQL training - do I identify it as a Semi-automatic or Assault weapon?....

Thanks you!

WhyTheBans

Oct 31, 2016
    You can't be serious:sad20:

Well the reason I ask, is because when people refer to AR-15's as "assault" rifles - people who own them tend to get offended and say that they are "rifles".

I put assault weapon just to be safe regardless.

Also to add to confusion if you register a AR as a "Pistol" does that go in as semi-auto or still considered an assault weapon in pistol form?

I'm a newbie when it comes to technicality etc.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Assault is an action. Owners of AR15s aren't necessarily offended, just tired of the term that the liberal media uses constantly to inaccurately describe AR15s. "Assault rifle" is a term used by the media and gun hating liberals to demonize an inanimate object(rifle). Me personally would only identify it as a semi automatic because a rifle doesn't assault anyone. MY opinion

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But at the same time Md also has statutory definition of Assault Pistol, and does not include AR based pistols.

But assuming a serious question, and that the rifle in question is qualifying , our prefered term is "Regulated Rifle" .

WhyTheBans

Oct 31, 2016
    Thanks for the answer guys! Glad I didnt put Semi-Auto because to me the AR is technically is semi-auto lol.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    But at the same time Md also has statutory definition of Assault Pistol, and does not include AR based pistols.

But assuming a serious question, and that the rifle in question is qualifying , our prefered term is "Regulated Rifle" .

Correct but at the time the Assault Pistols law was codified AR pistols weren't really a thing. I believe at that time only Olympic Arms, LaFrance Specialties and the Bushmaster rifle/pistol where the only "rifle" caliber pistols in production and somewhat common use. With a possible Double Jeopardy bonus category of Calico Arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom