• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This gives me great hope.

At the end of that clip judge Clifton basically asks “In order for the state to win we need to rule that the second amendment does not apply outside of the home.” The state’s attorney just laughs and says “basically yes”. He was probably realizing at that point he was going to be out of a job.

After they fire him maybe he can work for the NRA he might have better luck on the other side of the isle.

Notice though that Clifton did indeed rule that way although like many other judges, dances all around it. Instead of just saying the right doesn't apply outside the home, they say that the right can be regulated in public but a public carry permit which is never issued is a reasonable regulation :sad20:

The legal gymnastics are getting downright pathetic. It's time for SCOTUS to drive a stake into it once and for all.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Forget standing before them. At this point they should kneel before Wolfwood.

I remember when Wolfwood first posted about Young in early 2013. I thought then that here was a youthful lawyer stepping beyond his natural limits. You know that cartoon of the mouse flipping off the swooping hawk? Like that. But in a short time Wolfwood began winning, sometimes in a minor way and sometimes bigly (Young being bigly.)

A 9th CA panel stating that the 2A protects open carry? No lawyer has ever done that before. Bigly, indeed.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

And if Wolfwood ever makes it out here, the first round is on me (I'm sure, followed by everyone else).

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Congrats to you sir!!!Now the next question is how can we use this in our lawsuit against Frosh and MGA? Also will be very interesting on how 9CA appeals court will rule on NICHOLS v. BROWN panel will rule as well now that Young ruling has come out. I hope Frosh does read it ,but in reality I know he wont, and really start thinking ...... I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this and how it can help us.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Cue the da da da da da da music

th

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Notice though that Clifton did indeed rule that way although like many other judges, dances all around it. Instead of just saying the right doesn't apply outside the home, they say that the right can be regulated in public but a public carry permit which is never issued is a reasonable regulation :sad20:

The legal gymnastics are getting downright pathetic. It's time for SCOTUS to drive a stake into it once and for all.

I was gonna post this exactly. You straight up ask the guy "hey are you saying that it's a ban?" and the guy replies yes, and you still side with them. All I can do is shake my head.

The district and circuit nominations can't go quickly enough.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I don't understand. If the SCoTUS determines that the protected 2A right is open carry, is that decision not immediately (McDonald) incorporated at the individual state level? Would not that mean that no license is required to open carry in any state, regardless of itinerancy?
    Was just referring to the specific 9th circuit ruling

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I was gonna post this exactly. You straight up ask the guy "hey are you saying that it's a ban?" and the guy replies yes, and you still side with them. All I can do is shake my head.

The district and circuit nominations can't go quickly enough.

And that was a Bush 43 nominee.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Judge Napolitano on FBN (Fios 617) is about to comment on this case, after the commercial break...

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    I don't understand. If the SCoTUS determines that the protected 2A right is open carry, is that decision not immediately (McDonald) incorporated at the individual state level? Would not that mean that no license is required to open carry in any state, regardless of itinerancy?

This is what I thought, though a few pages back it was explained to me / the room that, no, it doesn't automatically trickle down to individual states' level - yet.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I forgot to congratulate you.

You got a two-fer!

You got the 9CA to acknowledge the 2A exists outside the home.

and

You won the Open Carry versus Concealed Carry argument! :toothless

:D

Legendary status unlocked and achieved.

Congrats wolfwood!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

That only seems to work for Travel Bans and the like that the LEFT approves of. Buckle up - turbulence ahead...

BUT this does pave the way of a favorable ruling here some day. Or the Curran Gang, the MGA and Frosh to be bludgeoned by the USSC into granting us our civil right, long denied, without strings and tap dancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom