Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Shotguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old August 12th, 2018, 08:16 PM #11
Powered by natural gas

Powered by natural gas

I have been looking at the ATI 410 casually, as I want a 410 upper, but one that looks like an A2 upper.

The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 09:51 PM #12

Maryland legal?
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 09:58 PM #13

Will Centerfire ship to Maryland?
Smith and Wesson Collectors Association
SOTAR Alumni

3paul10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 10:56 PM #14
Powered by natural gas

Powered by natural gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3paul10 View Post
Will Centerfire ship to Maryland?
Not semi auto guns, from what they last told me when they cancelled my order. But this is just an upper, so I hope so.

The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Old September 8th, 2018, 11:54 AM #15
Powered by natural gas

Powered by natural gas

So, I was reading the reviews, and if I recall, in order for this to work reliably you need to trim your hammer?. I am wondering if the notched hammer of the Colt AR rifles would clear?

Old September 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM #16
Powered by natural gas

Powered by natural gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirex View Post
So, I was reading the reviews, and if I recall, in order for this to work reliably you need to trim your hammer?. I am wondering if the notched hammer of the Colt AR rifles would clear?
Ok, they said no tail on the hammer.
Attached Images

Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:50 PM #17

These are on sale: $300+ship. I broke down and ordered one. Will debut at the MDTCA pumpkin shoot at AGC on Oct 3

Edit: Centerfire won't ship upper to MD and cancelled my order Will have to send to VA.

Last edited by smdub; October 22nd, 2018 at 04:56 PM.
smdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2018, 08:26 PM #18

Two of these were at AGC today. One was perfect, mine was more finicky w/ ammo. Mine ran w/ the more rounded nose American Tactical slugs pretty well but didn't like the more square crimped Estate shells. They had trouble hanging on the feed ramp from a full mag. The other guy's upper ran fine w/ my Estates however. The difference may be the mag. He had deburred his and it may be presenting the nose of the shell a lot higher than mine. I will clean mine up and try again. I'll also look at my feed ramp.

Bottom line is they are a whole load of fun and make a mess of pumpkins in a hurry Will be buying 15rd mags when they come back in stock. Several people who shot them at the range today said they will be ordering uppers when they get home.

FWIW, The mags are ammo length finicky. You have to find 'short' shells. SAAMI spec for a loaded 2.5" 410 is longer than will fit through an AR mag well. The docs suggest at least 1200fps loads too.
Estate Sport Sport Competition #9 tgt loads are 2.23" and fit easily.
American Tactical slugs are pretty darn close to the max mag length possible at 2.25-2.26"
Win Super X slugs are reported online to fit but measure 2.32" and don't
Remington American Clay & Field 1275fps 1/2oz #8 fit and feed fine through the other fellows upper (didn't try in mine)
Old November 5th, 2018, 11:34 AM #19