• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Has anyone personally seen a prototype SBA4 from SB Tactical? It seems they've listened to customers from what I've read and seen in SHOT Show 2019 videos, although I'm not sure about the QD socket location and apparent bulkiness. I'm trying to decide on a SBA3 now or wait for a SBA4.

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Good article. Here's the video I recently saw from SHOT Show 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftlG_B-NDKs

BTW, the article says "will only engage with 5 positions to keep the LOP of the brace under the ATF established 13.5″". I did a search for site:atf.gov looking for "pistol brace length pull" but didn't find anything mentioning such a requirement. Anyone seen the ATF document?

This is the only article I found on it. Looks to be a revised SBM4.
    I personally would go with the SBA3.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...b-tacticals-prototype-sba4-stabilizing-brace/

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    Has anyone tried the SBA4? I have/like the SBA3 but was considering the SBA4 for a new AR pistol. Does the extra weight and bulk make better or worse than the SBA3?

Thanks for your input.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Has anyone tried the SBA4? I have/like the SBA3 but was considering the SBA4 for a new AR pistol. Does the extra weight and bulk make better or worse than the SBA3?

Thanks for your input.

I like their look more than the SBA3. Supposedly more stable as well.

Attachments

• 95A7E6AF-FB19-499B-938E-ABC049B9FAE3.jpg
      95A7E6AF-FB19-499B-938E-ABC049B9FAE3.jpg
      116.7 KB · Views: 701

Adam Conover

Aug 6, 2013
    I prefer the SBa3 although I have never handled as SBa4. In the looks the department it seems to me to be a step backwards in evolution. The a3 looks sleek and modern where as the a4 looks bulky and outdated. Looks like the old sig braces. But different strokes for different folks.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    I like the Maximum defense and you can just change the back end later if you ever SBR.
    Proven Arms in VA has the best pricing I've seen on Braces be it SB or Maximum

Attachments

• IMG_5008.jpg
      IMG_5008.jpg
      19.7 KB · Views: 369

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    I like the SBA3 but was curious since A4 provided a little more stability when shouldering or a little more real estate for the check weld. My hesitation is due to the increase size. Can always switch the two out easily between pistols. Thanks for the input.

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    I like the Maximum defense and you can just change the back end later if you ever SBR.
    Proven Arms in VA has the best pricing I've seen on Braces be it SB or Maximum

Do like the Maximum. Cost is a little higher than I want to do right now but definitely on the wish list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom