• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Oh good, you can shoot prairie dogs with it.

Finding them afterwards, not so much.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Having several 500S&W revolvers and a BHA 89, I started building one early last year. FWIW, 500AM brass is literally 500S&W brass w/ the rim machined off - I bought a box of 500AM to be sure. I wasn't happy w/ BHAs single stack approach and went double stack. Damn, Need to get back to the project. I have rounds reliably feeding from a modified AR10 mag into a test barrel chamber. Have a GMR barrel blank I need to machine now. Need to weld some parts in the mag to make it hold rounds more reliable when fully loaded but will wait until I fire a few rounds first before I fool w/ that.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    not a fan of the AR....

But. I would love one of. their .500 S&W lever guns

Yeah - those are gorgeous. I almost bought an H+R single shot in .500 years ago, just because.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Having several 500S&W revolvers and a BHA 89, I started building one early last year. FWIW, 500AM brass is literally 500S&W brass w/ the rim machined off - I bought a box of 500AM to be sure. I wasn't happy w/ BHAs single stack approach and went double stack. Damn, Need to get back to the project. I have rounds reliably feeding from a modified AR10 mag into a test barrel chamber. Have a GMR barrel blank I need to machine now. Need to weld some parts in the mag to make it hold rounds more reliable when fully loaded but will wait until I fire a few rounds first before I fool w/ that.

That sounds cool - way too much work for me - but it sounds cool. :party29:

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    So... I know the guy who built the first rimless 500 S&W on an AR. He lives in Oregon, and built his in about 2005 or 2006. These slimey dirt balls ripped off his idea, and are profiting from it without giving him any credit or compensation.

Same thing that Winchester did to the guy who did the first 350 Legend (he didn’t call it that), so I guess ripping off people’s intellectual property is acceptable business practice in the firearms industry. :sad20:

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    That's what got me on the trail of this!

That's your cousin? way cool.

Yep. Andy sure does like his magnum and large caliber rounds. The difference between his 500SW and Armscor out my 500 is ridiculous. Same with the 50AE Desert Eagle.

Also does a lot of the rarer milsurp stuff. He was the first guy to get Ian at Forgotten Weapons functional ammunition for his 7.65 pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom