• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Good morning everyone. I picked up a pound of CFE pistol to try in 9mm and 45ACP. My go to for 9, 45, and 357 mag has been HP-38 because it’s all I had and got a great deal on it from my late Uncle several years ago.
    Anyone have any recipes to share(I know we all have disclaimers and nobody is responsible for anything that could happen from data shared).
    In 9mm I have 115 gr Hornady full metal jacket bullets, Federal small pistol primers and CCI small pistol primers.
    45ACP I have 230gr Xtreme plated bullets and Winchester large pistol primers.
    38 Special/357 Magnum I have Hornady 110gr XTP, 125gr XTP, and Winchester 125gr JHP.
    Oh, forgot about 40 S&W. I have Hornady HAP 180gr.
    Just wondering if anyone has had good results with CFE pistol in any of the calibers and/or bullet combos mentioned.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    i have switched to nearly 100% CFE Pistol for all my 9mm pills. Meters very well in my Dillon 550. Have used it with bith Win and CCI primers, Xtreme, Berry, and assorted other bullets. No problems at all. There is a good lot of load data outvthrte for this powder.

k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    I've been using 5.0 grains of CFE Pistol with 115gn Berry's Plated. Next time I go to the range I will bring the crono. I have some Everglades 115 and Acme Hi-Tek coated 115gn to try as well.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I've been using 5.0 grains of CFE Pistol with 115gn Berry's Plated. Next time I go to the range I will bring the crono. I have some Everglades 115 and Acme Hi-Tek coated 115gn to try as well.

Thank you for the reply. What COL are you using?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    i have switched to nearly 100% CFE Pistol for all my 9mm pills. Meters very well in my Dillon 550. Have used it with bith Win and CCI primers, Xtreme, Berry, and assorted other bullets. No problems at all. There is a good lot of load data outvthrte for this powder.

Good to hear. Thanks for the reply. Since the range I go to is closed, I’m kinda stuck with loading a few test “samples” to try when things get back to normal.

k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    Finally got to crono and this is what I got using a Springfield XD9 subcompact 3" barrel with 5 grains of CFE Pistol, 1.140 OAL
    115gn Berry's Plated and Everglades 115 Plated ~960fps
    Acme Hi-Tek coated 115gn ~ 1000fps

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom