Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Shotguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 29th, 2020, 07:56 AM #1

Rem walnut 870 stock sets $80

‘Lo, MDS!

I have not received mine yet (and while ordering from CDNN can sometimes be hit or miss, their photos and descriptions are usually quite accurate) but,

- if it is possible to find actual Remington 870 12ga walnut stock AND fore-end sets cheaper than this in today’s market then, I certainly don’t know where it is!

REMINGTON 870 12GA WALNUT STOCK & FE FLEUR DE LIS

https://www.cdnnsports.com/remington...8#.XjF_Zy9OmhD

I just ordered a set (plus a bunch of other items since the shipping is a flat $8) to keep on-hand backup as, at this price, I expect them to be “Out of Stock” by weeks end ... ($80+ is quite often the going rate just for a butt stock, alone ...)

PS - It appears they also have several types of 700 rifle action-length stocks as well as other type 870 stock sets (I.e. - Express hardwood, 870 youth stock, etc.). And of course, CDNN is always a good place for sh*t-t*ns of mags!

Happy trails!

hey, Hey, HEY! You heard it here first: IVANKA for POTUS, 2024!!!!!!!

Last edited by slsc98; January 29th, 2020 at 04:35 PM.
slsc98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2020, 08:11 AM #2

You aint joking about the mags. Wow. I thought I got a deal on my last batch but apparently not after looking at this.
onedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2020, 08:32 AM #3

Picture does not look like a Wingmaster's, butt pad is wrong and non gloss finish. Maybe an Express? Good price still.
Old January 29th, 2020, 04:25 PM #4

I learn new stuff every day but, I have never heard of any Express 870’s leaving the factory with the Fluer de lis roll-mark scrolling on either (let alone both) Pistol grip AND forend . . . (?)*

OTOH, I’m guilty of throwing the term Wingmaster into the mix (went back and fixed that) AND they do NOT use the term “Wingmaster” anywhere so, you may very well be spot on

I’ll let you know when I get mine; they specifically list 2 different ‘Express’ stocks in at least two different places within the same flyer and

*recently I have discovered there are (were) a WHOLLLLLLE LOT MORE iterations of WINGMASTER 870 walnut than I ever imagined (not just the gloss finishes).

Since CDNN typically buys entire airfield hangar-sized warehouses in one block - and single items by train car load quantities -

so, I “hope” (I know, I know, “Hope was a naughty girl at a school dance ...”) this wood set may possibly be WINGMASTER albeit, from one of the sales years Remington (the old, real Remington) rolled out one of their “special” 870 models, with non-gloss walnut.

This is a great read on just how many iterations of 870’s there are / were! https://www.remingtonsociety.org/col...-870-shotguns/

Either way, I / we will know by cob Monday when tracking says delivery will be by! :-)

Old January 29th, 2020, 04:43 PM #5

UPDATE: Tis nothing more than anecdotal speculation but, I am hearing on another forum where I posted this info that these are very likely Wingmaster walnut stock sets THAT HAD YET TO BE FINISHED. (But, that wouldn’t explain the butt pad ...)

When I get mine, if that turns out to be the case I will be ordering more! (Although I strongly suspect by Monday of next week these will all be snapped up

What to do, what to do? ;-)

Old January 29th, 2020, 04:48 PM #6
c@r collecting

c@r collecting

if they ship you what is pictured they are wingmaster stocks due to the fe fleu de lis style carving/checkering

I scored a set off ebay used in 2017 and they are identical and had an oil finish rather then glossy
Old January 29th, 2020, 04:52 PM #7

Oh lawd, something tells me I am going to sorely regret only ordering one set! . . . :-(

Old January 29th, 2020, 05:33 PM #8

I'm no expert on Remington's. I always thought the Wingmaster had gloss finish and different pad. Looking at other sites and internet. Looks like these very well could be WM's . They also used that pattern on the 1100 and a few rifles.
Old March 19th, 2020, 01:20 PM #9

Any update on this stock set? I am thinking of ordering one.
ecampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2020, 06:36 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecampo View Post
Any update on this stock set? I am thinking of ordering one.
Hi, ecampo, yes! The stocks are the same as those on my 1970’s and 80’s Wingmasters with but two exceptions:

1) they are stained much darker than most of the 870’s I’ve come across (the 1100’s always seemed to come with much, much darker stained wood than the 870’s) and with NO shiny clear coat (which is fine as I prefer oil “flat” and not shiny or gloss finishes (I have one 1100 - a 28ga - that is simply over the top and ridiculous with the amount of clear coat it came from the factory with

I don’t know which is which, “roll” marking vs “stamp” marking as far as the appearance of the diamond engraving on both sides of the pistol grip and forend but, I can only ASSume “roll“ marking is preferred over (and was more expensive in production than?) “stamp” marking and I remember that at some point it appears Remington went to the easier / cheaper method - from faux wood engraving that was very deep and intricate diamond to shallower and not as deep.
2) these stocks come with the latter.

PS - CDNN also (as I type this) has Colt *factory* 9mm AR 32rd mags for $40 - got that email this morning and groaned cuz, not only can I not really afford them right now I cannot afford to not grab 3 up, at that price (I habitually UNsubscribe from all our fund company newsletters, monthly statements and financial feeds anytime a correction occurs and until it is over and I really need to get off all these shooting related email lists, as well!

Best o’ Success

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Shotguns