Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 16th, 2020, 07:03 AM #1
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

AGC March Match Registrations NOW OPEN - Steel Challenge, 3 Gun and IDPA

MARCH ACTION SHOOTING MATCH REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!!!

Steel Challenge - Sunday, March 1st
https://practiscore.com/agc-steel-ch...-2020/register

3 Gun - Sunday, March 15th
https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-ma...-2020/register

IDPA - Saturday, March 21st
https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tie...-21st/register

I have also attached an updated copy of the AGC 2020 Action Shooting Calendar. Take care and we look forward to dry weather and seeing everyone in March
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:07 AM #2
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

That's mean, sending an alert when Practiscore says it's not open yet. Thanks for the future schedule document, though. This will help me plan when household chores will grind to a halt.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:13 AM #3
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
That's mean, sending an alert when Practiscore says it's not open yet. Thanks for the future schedule document, though. This will help me plan when household chores will grind to a halt.
This is me giving the MDS community a heads up before I send the mass email to everyone else. It may not be an issue now, but I have a feeling that a little advance notice will be pretty valuable come Spring time.
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:15 AM #4
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
This is me giving the MDS community a heads up before I send the mass email to everyone else. It may not be an issue now, but I have a feeling that a little advance notice will be pretty valuable come Spring time.
It's totally appreciated.

I don't know if I'll be able to make Tuesday night practices (it's a "work at work" day for me), but Thursday nights in the summer seem pretty plausible. Looking forward to it!
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:22 AM #5
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
In fairer weather, those things are going to fill up before anyone gets to a second cup of coffee the day you open registration. So yes indeed, thanks for the advance notice here.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2020, 04:19 PM #6
There's a search box?!?!

There's a search box?!?!

This one is filling up pretty fast from the looks of it.
Daveyboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2020, 04:48 PM #7

Quote:
We are thankful...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
boss281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2020, 05:17 PM #8
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
In fairer weather, those things are going to fill up before anyone gets to a second cup of coffee the day you open registration. So yes indeed, thanks for the advance notice here.
This issue is real. Still trying to decide how to handle this. There are a few options.

1. Only allow 1 gun to be registered per person until the day before the match. If there are slots available, then give 2nd gun priority to those who help set up the day before. This would be a logistical nightmare for me and is not preferred.

2. Hold a Saturday and Sunday match on the same weekend. This would require someone to step up and run one or the other as I cant be away from the house all weekend. This would be most desirable as everyone that wants to could enter two guns and we would only need to set up/tear down once per weekend.

We shall see.
Old February 16th, 2020, 05:47 PM #9
Registered Grendelophile

Registered Grendelophile

Quote:
This issue is real. Still trying to decide how to handle this. There are a few options.

1. Only allow 1 gun to be registered per person until the day before the match. If there are slots available, then give 2nd gun priority to those who help set up the day before. This would be a logistical nightmare for me and is not preferred.

2. Hold a Saturday and Sunday match on the same weekend. This would require someone to step up and run one or the other as I cant be away from the house all weekend. This would be most desirable as everyone that wants to could enter two guns and we would only need to set up/tear down once per weekend.

We shall see.
Just spitballing here...
Once warmer weather hits and word gets out, I stand by my belief this is going to get really popular. Has anyone been not happy with the steel challenge?
I'm guessing that from April to October, the event is going to quickly sell out within a week- even if every shooter is allowed one gun.
My 2 cents would be Sat/Sun on the same weekend during "desirable" months and leave Nov-Feb as is. Maybe only allow one gun per person for the first 72hrs of open registration. If the event sells out every single time and multiple positions are permitted for the same shooter, how will we be able to attract new competitors and grow interest??
I dunno, just spitballing.
Old February 16th, 2020, 06:13 PM #10
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaregrouper View Post
Just spitballing here...
Once warmer weather hits and word gets out, I stand by my belief this is going to get really popular. Has anyone been not happy with the steel challenge?
I'm guessing that from April to October, the event is going to quickly sell out within a week- even if every shooter is allowed one gun.
My 2 cents would be Sat/Sun on the same weekend during "desirable" months and leave Nov-Feb as is. Maybe only allow one gun per person for the first 72hrs of open registration. If the event sells out every single time and multiple positions are permitted for the same shooter, how will we be able to attract new competitors and grow interest??
I dunno, just spitballing.
We will see. I need somebody who is capable of running things from soup to nuts. There are a lot of things going on in the background (in fact most of the things are in the background) and I have not done a very good job of getting that person up to speed. Last thing we want is to try and pull it off when we are not ready and turn people off. I'm going to do my best. We shall see.

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting