• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmc_jap

Aug 5, 2012
    Hello

I have been looking into switching to Sprint or T-Mobile. I wanted to see find out everyone’s experience with either carrier in the SoMD area before committing, good and bad.

Thanks in advance!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I had to get rid of my sprint phone because I wouldn’t have service so much around southern md that it cost me work and money

Worked fine when it had service but I didn’t have service say around Clements, Avenue, ridge,lower areas around the farm in dentsville, some parts of Hollywood, point lookout etc etc

Maybe it’s better now but idk

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Sprint is a short term choice.

It's either going to be bought out by T Mobile (there is currently a lawsuit by Trump hating states to block the merger. That trial has had closing arguments and we await a verdict)

Or Sprint is going to go out of business

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Anywhere off the beaten path TMo sucks as well. Even on WIFI it sucks.

If you rely on your cell phone for business you have 2 choices, AT&T or VZ.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sprint is the only carrier that has signal at home . Sprint has coverage virtually everywhere in the boonies , and when Sprint doesn't have signal , there isn't usually anything else available on Roaming .

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Went from VZ to Sprint. Sprint had poor coverage, and the voice quality was poor, and I live in AA County so it shouldn’t have been a problem. I hate giving money to VZ but if I’m going to have a phone it needs to work. YMMV.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Look into Google Fi. They have contracts with three carriers and the phone automatically switches to the one with the best local signal. Also, if you travel much out of the country the same holds true with international carriers with no additional charges. You can buy a phone directly from them or get a Sim card if your current phone is supported.

I use their flexible plan and keep my data to under 1 gig per month. Google will also automatically shift to a web based phone if you are using a WiFi already in their plan (like Srarbucks) or you can link into free WiFi too.

I was a Sprint customer for years until I wanted a Windows phone and they didn't have one. Went back at one point and the service was so bad I said never again.

https://fi.google.com/about/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA1fnxBRBBEiwAVUouUhNCn4tDd0BCab55GgHO8GN2X48u9Z6-eKAKYN1uE36z1rPkHj7t9hoClMQQAvD_BwE

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Look into Google Fi. They have contracts with three carriers and the phone automatically switches to the one with the best local signal. Also, if you travel much out of the country the same holds true with international carriers with no additional charges. You can buy a phone directly from them or get a Sim card if your current phone is supported.

I use their flexible plan and keep my data to under 1 gig per month. Google will also automatically shift to a web based phone if you are using a WiFi already in their plan (like Srarbucks) or you can link into free WiFi too.

I was a Sprint customer for years until I wanted a Windows phone and they didn't have one. Went back at one point and the service was so bad I said never again.

https://fi.google.com/about/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA1fnxBRBBEiwAVUouUhNCn4tDd0BCab55GgHO8GN2X48u9Z6-eKAKYN1uE36z1rPkHj7t9hoClMQQAvD_BwE

How is the actual speed and what not on Google fi I rarely use wifi. Since I am unlimited on sprint

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom