How long is the wait to get the C&R license now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Got my renewal back in just under 4 weeks from the date it was mailed.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    There was an issue in Highland where the carrier was not delivering all the mail. I got a paper in the mailbox that said the post office is investigating the matter.

So, was telling wife about the delayed mail situation after she ranted about the Fedx guy saying her package was delivered and we had him on camera walking the package back to the truck. 2 Days later, it showed up again and was delivered. Then heard about this on the radio this morning:

https://nypost.com/2020/01/30/mailman-pleads-guilty-to-hiding-mail-he-cant-make-time-to-deliver/

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Well, mailed it sometime last week (1/28 or 1/29) and they charged my card on the 31st. No waiting when it comes to taking the money! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Hopefully that means that I will get my new license pretty quickly (had one before - so not quite a renewal, but not completely unknown to them either).

Sooner would be better, as there are some firearms that want to come home with me soon! :D

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    I mailed my app and check 2/7/20. License approved and received first week of March. First time C&R. Any suggestions on first C&R purchase and where?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I mailed my app and check 2/7/20. License approved and received first week of March. First time C&R. Any suggestions on first C&R purchase and where?

Classic Firearms
    AIM Surplus
    Brownells

Classic you can create an account and upload a copy of your C&R. AIM and Brownells you have to email them about getting it added to your account.

Brownells doesn’t have any C&R Guns but you do get a very nice discount on everything they sell. The discount is enough to justify the $30 C&R cost after a purchase or two.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    How long is the wait to get the C&R license now?

Many people cut their teeth on a Mosin 91/30 like in the classifieds but a P1 on gunbroker is a good pistol
    How much $ you got and what are your interests?

Tokarevs and P64 are cheap but not common ammo to easily find local, may have to mail order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Thanks for the tips. Good to know about Brownells. Wish I had investigated that sooner. I have a g19 slide and barrel on the way for a P80 build. Oh well, next time.

My initial interests are in pistols. I have some modern CZs so I’m looking at CZ-82 and 50. The VZ-52 rifle is interesting too. Need to research and gain some knowledge on all this. I prefer shooters to safe queens.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Many people cut their teeth on a Mosin 91/30 like in the classifieds but a P1 on gunbroker is a good pistol
    How much $ you got and what are your interests?

Tokarevs and P64 are cheap but not common ammo to easily find local, may have to mail order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammo for C&R Tokarev and P64 is readily available in a variety of flavors on line. Not overly expensive, either.

The most fun I have with my Tok comes at the first shot, when everyone else turns around and says "What the Hell was THAT?". It uses a round developed for the Soviet submachine gun. Sounds like a cannon... :D

Jul 1, 2012
    I'd go with a Romanian (or better yet, Polish) Tokarev TTC. Cheap, mags are plentiful and not expensive.
    It's probably the best bang for the buck out there.

CZ-52 pistol is also a great choice but more expensive than the TTC; although not sure if the usual surplus places have any right now.
    CZ-50 will be harder to find and original mags are even harder.

Walther P1/P38 is a good 9mm choice but you want one with the later and stronger "fat" slide and forged lock block.
    The frame hex pin isn't a necessity unless you're planning to shoot 10000's of rounds.
    Expect to spend $500-ish unless you're lucky and patient.

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Tokarev looks like a good cherry popper. I think I’ll start there.
    The underlined sentence on my license reads, “The signature on each copy must be an original signature.” Then goes on to say that a faxed, scanned, emailed copy with signature intended to be original is acceptable. I take this to mean I can either leave my original unsigned, make copies and sign those as needed or sign original and scan/email from there. What do you do?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Tokarev looks like a good cherry popper. I think I’ll start there.
    The underlined sentence on my license reads, “The signature on each copy must be an original signature.” Then goes on to say that a faxed, scanned, emailed copy with signature intended to be original is acceptable. I take this to mean I can either leave my original unsigned, make copies and sign those as needed or sign original and scan/email from there. What do you do?

I left the original unsigned, scanned it, printed a copy, signed the copy, scanned it, and sent the signed copy to Brownells, AIM Surplus, and Classic Firearms. Now I have a pdf of the scanned copy for other companies that may need it and a pdf of the unsigned original in case I need a paper copy for someone I can just print it and sign it. The unsigned original is in my safe.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Do Not Do Not Do Not sign the original.

I left the original unsigned, scanned it, printed a copy, signed the copy, scanned it, and sent the signed copy to Brownells, AIM Surplus, and Classic Firearms. Now I have a pdf of the scanned copy for other companies that may need it and a pdf of the unsigned original in case I need a paper copy for someone I can just print it and sign it. The unsigned original is in my safe.

^^^ that's the way to go.

DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL.

EXACTLY what they said. I keep my original in a plastic sleeve in my bound book and made several copies to use (individually signed and dated) in the physical world. I scanned one signed and dated copy for use on line, and shipped it off to my usual sources of going broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom