• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    I ordered Phoenix Trinity Honcho (.40 limited with sight block and 38SC open). The MD roster lists only frame from PT.
    1. Should I have the frame only transferred and send back to PT to finish. Or
    2. Have them finish the gun and remove the top and transfer the frame with trigger, mag release, and mag well? Can it be done that way or it has to be a bare frame.
    Thx
    Naris

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Can your FFL just put the frame on the paperwork, and you don't worry about the rest?

Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    Can your FFL just put the frame on the paperwork, and you don't worry about the rest?

Meaning have the entire gun sent to FFL and they just ignore the other parts and register as if only frame? I'm not sure. I want to ask but they were so busy these days. Why would the MD roster list have only frame if there whole gun is ok.
    I can email the FFL and ask.
    Thx

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I had a local gunsmith build me an STI racegun a number of years ago (almost 10 I think). When the frame came in I took delivery not the gunsmith and filled out the paperwork. Then I gave him the frame and he worked on it and also sent it to the racegun shop that did his personal machining. He bought the rest of the parts and I did not see it again until we took it to the range to test it. Then I paid what I still owed on it. Now before any work got done on it he came to me and asked if I was interested in trading my frame for another that another club member ordered for his gun. So we both went to the FFL and "traded" frames.
    Most 2011 guns get initially bought as frames. Your gunsmith will tell you what frame to buy from whoever and then once you have it you can take it or send it to him. You will get it back as a complete gun. Unless your gun is being made by the frame maker but most aren't.

Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    I had a local gunsmith build me an STI racegun a number of years ago (almost 10 I think). When the frame came in I took delivery not the gunsmith and filled out the paperwork. Then I gave him the frame and he worked on it and also sent it to the racegun shop that did his personal machining. He bought the rest of the parts and I did not see it again until we took it to the range to test it. Then I paid what I still owed on it. Now before any work got done on it he came to me and asked if I was interested in trading my frame for another that another club member ordered for his gun. So we both went to the FFL and "traded" frames.
    Most 2011 guns get initially bought as frames. Your gunsmith will tell you what frame to buy from whoever and then once you have it you can take it or send it to him. You will get it back as a complete gun. Unless your gun is being made by the frame maker but most aren't.
    I contacted my FFL (United Gun Shop) and here is his answer:
    "If it's on the roster than it's good to go. If they are going to send something completely different than the model on the roster than just send the frame. "
    It looks like I can't transfer the built gun even if we take out sides. Frame only.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I contacted my FFL (United Gun Shop) and here is his answer:
    "If it's on the roster than it's good to go. If they are going to send something completely different than the model on the roster than just send the frame. "
    It looks like I can't transfer the built gun even if we take out sides. Frame only.

Man you are way over thinking this. The frame is the gun. That is the serialized part and yes since Phoenix Trinity 2011 frame is on the roster without any other caliber or model notation. Any PT 1911 or 2011 framed handgun is good to go in MD.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 7.50.33 AM.jpg

Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    Man you are way over thinking this. The frame is the gun. That is the serialized part and yes since Phoenix Trinity 2011 frame is on the roster without any other caliber or model notation. Any PT 1911 or 2011 framed handgun is good to go in MD.
    View attachment 282247
    So you are saying I can just have the whole gun sent? That would make my life a bit easier and not to suffer with a tease from seeing only a part of my gun. Thank you for this! I'll confirm with the FFL.

Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    United gun shop just confirmed that the whole gun can be sent as long as it's not different than what is listed on the roster (2011).
    Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom