What is a K31 Very Good Condition fair price to buy today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baberuth

Babe Ruth
    Sep 1, 2013
    Baltimore County
    So, seems like the Military Surplus rifles are drying up and costs are going up and up, I missed the $79 K31's back when and want to get one now before it gets even worse. Found a K31 in very good to excellent shape at a shop for $999. As with anything condition is everything and this one looks nice. Seems crazy price point, but see folks asking for higher prices as well. Would be appreciative of those perhaps more knowledgeable than I if you think this is a fair price in 2019 OR should I hold out and keep looking. Thanks!!!

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    It's hard to say as there won't be many data points. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one person was willing to pay that.

baberuth

Babe Ruth
    Sep 1, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Thanks for response- you hit the problem. Fair to average condition K31's going for $649 & up, Good for $729 & up. Many on-line Mil Surp places have none available and around MD limited supply. Could buy a modern firearm I don't own, but K31 is a fine rifle perhaps for $999!?

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    $600-700 is about right these days unless it’s a really nice example or it has an aftermarket diopter and globe attached for competition, or a matching bayonet.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I've seen one k31 I would consider unissued and it was pretty. I thought that's what we're discussing here.

Compared to other surplus guns, many K31s are relatively in superb shape. Comsequently what's really more of an average K31, some think is exceptional.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm watching a K31 w. diopter, curious to see what it sells for as I have a couple just like it in the armory. It's getting crazy hard to keep up with the market. Recently watched a MAS 44 and a French issue MAS 49 sell in the last week. The MAS 44 went for what I thought was crazy money, over $2k with the vig. The MAS 49, rarer than the 44 here in the US, sold for $1700.
    I'm reminded of a line from one of my fav SciFi movies: Forbidden Planet. "Prepare your minds for a new scale of physical scientific values, gentlemen." Ya got that right!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Dayum, Got my first K31 from Lou at a HoCo show for $350 I think.
    He had 2 that day, metal and bluing was really good and had only the common roughed up stock at the butt.

I might be out of touch but man, those prices have sky rocketed since samco global is gone.
    Friend commented that the safety looked like a precision surgical instrument.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    They are perhaps the highest quality standard issue longarm ever made. $700 isn't outrageous IMO for a particularly nice one.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm watching a K31 w. diopter, curious to see what it sells for as I have a couple just like it in the armory. It's getting crazy hard to keep up with the market. Recently watched a MAS 44 and a French issue MAS 49 sell in the last week. The MAS 44 went for what I thought was crazy money, over $2k with the vig. The MAS 49, rarer than the 44 here in the US, sold for $1700.
    I'm reminded of a line from one of my fav SciFi movies: Forbidden Planet. "Prepare your minds for a new scale of physical scientific values, gentlemen." Ya got that right!

K31 w. diopter sold for $807 on GB last night. Considering that the diopter set routinely sells for $400 this was a very good buy for someone.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    So, seems like the Military Surplus rifles are drying up and costs are going up and up, I missed the $79 K31's back when and want to get one now before it gets even worse. Found a K31 in very good to excellent shape at a shop for $999. As with anything condition is everything and this one looks nice. Seems crazy price point, but see folks asking for higher prices as well. Would be appreciative of those perhaps more knowledgeable than I if you think this is a fair price in 2019 OR should I hold out and keep looking. Thanks!!!

At the last NGS, I actually came across a very nice lady with MMB Imports. She had K11s from $350 to $675, and K31s from a very reasonable $550 to a kinda nuts $950. All the K31s on the table were beautiful and in the $500s, so they're definitely worth the price; especially since the cheapest I've ever seen for a K31 in MD is $650. They have a Gunbroker, but there's only one K31 on there at the moment. She said she'll be at the next NGS, so hope this helps!

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I bought 2 very nice K31's back when they were $199. Both were Walnut stocks, 1 had the troop tag, the other did not, but still very nice.
    About a year and a half ago I got a bit hard up for cash so I sold one of them to a dealer at the York show for $350.
    I've regretted that sale ever since. No way am I parting with the other one.
    The craftsmanship is simply unmatched in the milsurp world. Put a scope on them and they become even more of an amazing shooter.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    At the last NGS, I actually came across a very nice lady with MMB Imports. She had K11s from $350 to $675, and K31s from a very reasonable $550 to a kinda nuts $950. All the K31s on the table were beautiful and in the $500s, so they're definitely worth the price; especially since the cheapest I've ever seen for a K31 in MD is $650. They have a Gunbroker, but there's only one K31 on there at the moment. She said she'll be at the next NGS, so hope this helps!

+1. Margie with MMB Imports is a very good friend of mine. All her stuff is top notch and she is the only person I will buy Swiss rifles and pistols from.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I can’t believe how the prices have risen. I have a few, wish I’d have purchased a bunch more. I could kick myself for selling a nice one a few years back for $375.

I know you all like the wallpaper in my redneck ghetto farmhouse!

Attachments

• 6B443299-75C7-4168-8FA5-4DF493F2405C.jpg
      6B443299-75C7-4168-8FA5-4DF493F2405C.jpg
      101.2 KB · Views: 359

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads