• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    16stalkup is 10% off and free shipping. It said on orders of $99 of ammo or more, but it worked on my $60 order for the discount and free shipping.

I DID have more than $100 worth in my cart to start, but I changed it up to something like $52 with discount and the discount was still there as well as the free shipping.

Ordered a few boxes of different .223 and 5.56 to try out a variety in my AR-15 when I have it assembled, I hope next month.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    I've always been happy with PMC Bronze. They've got it in 20-round boxes for $6.99. After the discount they're $.31 each with free shipping. That's a great deal.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    One of these times I need to pick your guys brains about those discounted gift cards. Makes me really nervous. For another day though as I already made my purchase for awhile.

Cabela's seems to send me 10% off and $20 off a $100 order or in store coupons every couple of months and I need some standard capacity AR mags. I was thinking I'd make an order for delivery to the store and drive up to DE to pick it up and do a bit of shopping and tons of window shopping.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    One of these times I need to pick your guys brains about those discounted gift cards. Makes me really nervous. For another day though as I already made my purchase for awhile.

Cabela's seems to send me 10% off and $20 off a $100 order or in store coupons every couple of months and I need some standard capacity AR mags. I was thinking I'd make an order for delivery to the store and drive up to DE to pick it up and do a bit of shopping and tons of window shopping.

I, for one, use the discounted gift card route pretty much for every Cabela's purchase I make. My son, who lives close, does the same for Bass Pro. The eBay cards cited above are physycal cards so it takes a week or more to get possession and use. When eBay (and recently Staples) has these deals they're usually quite good, say, 18-20% discounts. I've never had a problem buying these on eBay or elsewhere. I always use my cash rebate credit card as well for an additional 2% back. I often times buy electronic gift card codes online as well although the discount isn't quite as deep. I like to use Cardpool, Raise and giftcardzen for this. You ususally get your code within a few minutes to an hour although one or more of the websites do not send codes out on weekends so keep an eye on that.

Happy to answer any questions as I probably overlooked something.

I also get the Cabela's % or $ off coupons as well but in-store pickup is not an option for me. They only let you use one code so you can't combine it with any free shipping code, for example. Gift cards are treated separately so you can use as many of those that you want.

Hope this is helpful.

TerminatorSVT

Aug 26, 2012
    Behind Enemy Lines

The seller svmgiftcards on ebay is legit. I have bought from them before. Also Cardpool is a reputable site that sells discounted gift cards.

TerminatorSVT

Aug 26, 2012
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I, for one, use the discounted gift card route pretty much for every Cabela's purchase I make. My son, who lives close, does the same for Bass Pro. The eBay cards cited above are physycal cards so it takes a week or more to get possession and use. When eBay (and recently Staples) has these deals they're usually quite good, say, 18-20% discounts. I've never had a problem buying these on eBay or elsewhere. I always use my cash rebate credit card as well for an additional 2% back. I often times buy electronic gift card codes online as well although the discount isn't quite as deep. I like to use Cardpool, Raise and giftcardzen for this. You ususally get your code within a few minutes to an hour although one or more of the websites do not send codes out on weekends so keep an eye on that.

Happy to answer any questions as I probably overlooked something.

I also get the Cabela's % or $ off coupons as well but in-store pickup is not an option for me. They only let you use one code so you can't combine it with any free shipping code, for example. Gift cards are treated separately so you can use as many of those that you want.

Hope this is helpful.

Lots of good advice here fellas. Only thing I would add is make sure you use Active Junky for an additional % cash back. Currently, it is 10% cash back.

Kaiju

Mar 2, 2013
    I've always been happy with PMC Bronze. They've got it in 20-round boxes for $6.99. After the discount they're $.31 each with free shipping. That's a great deal.

I picked up 25 boxes of these over labor day...with free shipping it was a killer deal.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah I am about to start checking. I'll be honest, almost a new credit card bill for me (I religiously spread purchases out. Helps a little with my hoarder self control issues). Cabela's has a new $10 off and free shipping on orders over $99. I think I'll try one of the above mentioned gift card deals and take Cabela's up on the sale.

I am leaning towards 4 boxes each of PPU m193, IMI 855, 100rnds of Tula and 2 boxes of PPU .223 SP. clocks in at a little less than $110 before the discounts for 320rnds of ammo or a little under 30 cents a round.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Just got my gift cards from eBay yesterday. I was going to order some Norma 223 but the sale was ended so I went with the PMc bronze 300 rounds plus a box of Red army ak around. Ended up less than $0.25pr, pretty good deal

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sunday is the day. I'll try active junky (I'll use your link Terminator, thanks) and one of the "instant" gift card things.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I wanted to thank everyone for the tips and suggestions. I managed to take advantage of the Cabela's sale to get 5 boxes of IMI m855 and 5 of PPU .223 55gr, a box of Winchester Power Point .223 64gr and a box of IMI .223 55gr to come in just over $100. $96 with the sale, no shipping. I got a $100 gift card for $92 that worked! (Sorry, I am always deeply skeptical)

Also used active junky for about $7 back.

So basically $78 in the end for all that! I am so excited!!!

I also put in my order for the last of my AR parts (gas system, ejection port and FA) at Brownells also through active junky for another $3 and change back.

Just need to get a handguard now and it is done!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom