• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    If you have Facebook, they are working on g19 version now, have prototype they test fired and are getting ready to start with mold production.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Would someone mind posting pics of the rails on their completed Spectre frame? I want to see what it is supposed to look like. I have not started on it yet, but cutting the rails seems to the most critical part and i don't want to screw that up.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/29/polymer80-spectre-80-frames-in-new-colors/

Old article (July 2016) and I couldn't find anything else out there - I do not belong to instagram. But I was wondering if anyone else has heard of anything else from other sources about the upcoming G19 model?

HTML:
    Also new from Polymer80 is something they showed off on their Instagram page. They’re working on a polymer 80% frame for the Glock 19. Not many details are known just yet and no word on a estimated release date but I’d expect it to retail for around the same price as their larger frames. - Ray I (ray.i@staff.thefirearmblog.com)

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/29/polymer80-spectre-80-frames-in-new-colors/

Old article (July 2016) and I couldn't find anything else out there - I do not belong to instagram. But I was wondering if anyone else has heard of anything else from other sources about the upcoming G19 model?

HTML:
    Also new from Polymer80 is something they showed off on their Instagram page. They’re working on a polymer 80% frame for the Glock 19. Not many details are known just yet and no word on a estimated release date but I’d expect it to retail for around the same price as their larger frames. - Ray I (ray.i@staff.thefirearmblog.com)

From what I have seen, they slimmed the grip down from their 17 size, all the prototypes I have seen they are smooth sided, with undercuts on the trigger guard. I think I read that they are incorporating a metal rear rail. They are just starting the mold and have a target time frame of early next year.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    From what I have seen, they slimmed the grip down from their 17 size, all the prototypes I have seen they are smooth sided, with undercuts on the trigger guard. I think I read that they are incorporating a metal rear rail. They are just starting the mold and have a target time frame of early next year.

Thanks...

"...target time frame of early next year." - I have been on the fence for awhile but I may wait a bit if that is the case.

...or maybe not, yours came out killer - well done btw

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Here is their prototype from their Facebook page:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 620

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Yeah, that's a huge improvement. Their take on the grips were a huge turn-off.

I hope they would hurry up, the anticipation is hard to contend with.

Thanks for sharing.

I guess that's mostly a matter of personal preference. I have two of the PF940 frames and I like the angle, width, and beavertail on the grip, it feels very natural and comfortable in my hand, and I have no complaints at all with regard to the ergonomics of the grip whatsoever.

The flared mag well.. ehh, I could take that or leave it, but it doesn't bother me or anything.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I guess that's mostly a matter of personal preference. I have two of the PF940 frames and I like the angle, width, and beavertail on the grip, it feels very natural and comfortable in my hand, and I have no complaints at all with regard to the ergonomics of the grip whatsoever.

The flared mag well.. ehh, I could take that or leave it, but it doesn't bother me or anything.

I was more concerned about the texture of the grip. I know it sounds petty, but the PF90's grips look uncomfortable. If I went with the PF90 i think I would have to do what Fox123 did. With the G19 version, the smooth grip would faciliate grip tape better, or even a stipple job.

It's good to hear the good review though.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Care to share your impression of the product?

Seems pretty good but not as good as factory Glock. I'm milling it now, will post when I'm done. Need to get some stuff for my dremmel. I'm not using the jig for the rails.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Make sure the rails are high enough in the rear or the trigger bar tab will get hung up on the saftey detent under the slide

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom