• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    I also read on Drudge that Wayne LaPierre (sp?) had racked up whopping bills in Europe (hundreds of $K in a couple of months). And the report said Ollie North saw the figures and went ballistic. Seems I remember the article also saying the bills were paid via Ackerman McQueen, hence the audit that uncovered Lord knows what. Can anyone verify the Drudge report? I'd like to know if Wayne really did those things, with OUR money.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I also read on Drudge that Wayne LaPierre (sp?) had racked up whopping bills in Europe (hundreds of $K in a couple of months). And the report said Ollie North saw the figures and went ballistic. Seems I remember the article also saying the bills were paid via Ackerman McQueen, hence the audit that uncovered Lord knows what. Can anyone verify the Drudge report? I'd like to know if Wayne really did those things, with OUR money.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-show-more-than-500000-in-alleged-spending-by

https://www.wsj.com/articles/leaked...ls-of-nra-chiefs-alleged-spending-11557597601

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It was, maybe, a couple weeks ago I got an email from the NRA BOD, directly addressing some of this. Because it had been trotted out frequently during the increasingly public squabble, they brought up things like the complain about WLP's wardrobe cost. No question, much of the grousing made it sound like he went out a little while ago and dropped $15k (or whatever it was) on a bunch of designer suits. The board's letter (signed by multiple past presidents, etc) clarified that the numbers in question involved many, many years of such expenditures during his public/media-facing tenure - and cited that as an example of how very out of context details like that can set like-minded people against each other for no good reason, just the way Bloomberg loves.

I don't know anything about the "in Europe" expenses mentioned. They might be egregious, they might be BS, they might not even exist. There are auditors looking at all such things, and writing reports. So we'll know the whole scoop at some point, sooner than later. I personally think Ackerman McQueen has been treating the NRA like a golden piggy bank, and likely padding all SORTS of billable/reimbursable line items like that to flesh out their bottom line. As possible as it is that WLP expensed some lavish travel, it's also possible that AM lavishly billed against that accounting code because they were used to getting away with it.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    This is an ongoing disaster. The NRA is too important to the defense of our Constitutional freedoms to have the current leadership run this organization into the ground. I recently went to the NRA Contact Us page and sent them a message that they need to fire the deadwood and get their act in order now. And I told them that until they do, I can't throw good money after bad, despite the fact that I'm a Benefactor Life Member. Until they get this fixed, the Second Amendment Foundation shall have my periodic financial support.

I hope they figure this out soon. The NRA bought the largest number of ads in support of Trump's first presidential campaign outside of his own spending, and was influential in swing states. We/they don't have a lot of time if they are going to continue to be an organization of political influence going into the next election and beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom