• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I can't remember, will have to check on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    Dan can confirm on Monday, but I'm pretty sure it's the VIP model. I was there a couple of weeks ago to pickup the Tactical DS 4.0. Put an Extreme Shooters Costa/STI grip on it and a Dawson FO front sight. Stock came with black front sights. It's my favorite gun now. It's incredibly accurate, nicely balanced and the new grip has a slight reduction that fits perfectly for my small/medium hands. The texturing is perfect too. 180 flawless rounds. I would highly recommend the grip and STI's in general. Dan is a great guy too.

Last edited:

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    What model?

Sorry, have been out sick all weekend. Just back today. It's a Guardian.

Dan can confirm on Monday, but I'm pretty sure it's the VIP model. I was there a couple of weeks ago to pickup the Tactical DS 4.0. Put an Extreme Shooters Costa/STI grip on it and a Dawson FO front sight. Stock came with black front sights. It's my favorite gun now. It's incredibly accurate, nicely balanced and the new grip has a slight reduction that fits perfectly for my small/medium hands. The texturing is perfect too. 180 flawless rounds. I would highly recommend the grip and STI's in general. Dan is a great guy too.

Looking good, love the upgraded grip and great choice with the fiber optic sight.

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    Sorry, have been out sick all weekend. Just back today. It's a Guardian.

Looking good, love the upgraded grip and great choice with the fiber optic sight.

Oops. Thought it was a VIP. That Guardian looks good too.

I loved the new grip so much, I shipped the stock black tactical grip for the Costa/sti grip work. I'll put that on the Executive. Should be a nice color combo. Should be getting it back today. It's a quick turn around.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Oops. Thought it was a VIP. That Guardian looks good too.

I loved the new grip so much, I shipped the stock black tactical grip for the Costa/sti grip work. I'll put that on the Executive. Should be a nice color combo. Should be getting it back today. It's a quick turn around.

Nice, I want picks when you get it back.

If the Guardian had an ambi I might be carrying it everyday it's the perfect size. But it doesn't, guess I'll sit and wait for my Tactical DS.

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    Nice, I want picks when you get it back.

If the Guardian had an ambi I might be carrying it everyday it's the perfect size. But it doesn't, guess I'll sit and wait for my Tactical DS.

Yes, I can post a pic. Can't wait to get it installed. You'll love the tactical ds. The 4.0 is the perfect size for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom